despite the Fat Fucks major flaws, looks like we underestimated his ability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• despite the Fat Fucks major flaws, looks like we underestimated his ability

Because he managed to lead the team to success despite this piece of shit owner. Now Lurie is gonna let Roseman run the franchise into the ground.

Has it gotten so bad that I long for the days of FF? Never thought I'd see the day. Totally depressing
    Last edited by Diggle; 02-04-2016, 08:38 AM.
    WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

I absolutely long for the years of 2000-2004.

But despite shitty ownership, moving on from FF was the right thing to do. 14 years was enough.

Comment

He is the Queen of Half Measures. Couldnt bring himself to put Howie on the street when his only move was the clean house.
      "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

I've been thinking that but too embarrassed to say it.
        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Ive typed it like 10 different times over the past 2 weeks and just deleted it bc I felt the same way. Fuck Lurie
          WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

I've literally done that as well. Pathetic.

Comment

FF was Lurie's diamond in the rough

Comment

Did you read Marcus Hayes article this morning?

Comment

Donovan McNabb, Brian Westbrook, Brian Dawkins

These are the guys who led the Eagles to success. Andy Reid stood in the way of that. The ONE YEAR they go out and get Terrell Owens and everything changes. Did Reid fight for Terrell Owens or did Lurie? All the other years we limped along with the most pathetic collection of wide receivers ever assembled. Why? It wasn't because we were cap-strapped. We used to joke about winning the Cap Bowl every year. Reid was not good enough. He was good at not throwing players under the bus. That's about it. Maybe he motivated the players by being their friend. IDK. What I do know is the guy couldn't manage a clock and was pass drunk. Now here's a guy who is pass drunk who doesn't go out and get wide receivers who can play. Don't give me that sh*t about spreading the ball around. That's a crock of crap. Do you take balls away from Rob Gronkowski because you want to spread the ball around? You spread the ball around because you don't have one guy who can get open on his own. Now Lurie. That guy is a joke. He just wants to dress up like Santa Claus and erect windmills. Worst owner in the league. It's a shame.

Comment

Bwahahahahahahaha!

OH I got a good laugh out of this!!!!!!

Comment

I've said this for years: Reid's ability is that of organizing and restructuring a floundering team. His legendary notebook process is his road map, and it did work here. However, once he got the Eagles to the point where he had to continue to keep them working at a high level, he had no road map. And with no apparently viable plan (and probably not enough support from the front office as you suggest), he just wasn't able to keep it all together for the long haul.

I'm wondering if his Eagles experience went into his notebook for the Chiefs gig. The next couple of years will tell I suppose.

Comment

He could never think on his feet - still can't. That hurt in big games and, in the bigger picture, when the rest of the league caught up to his offense. We can't overlook the fact that there was a lot of talent on those teams and from 1999-2004 he had an elite qb. He was the right coach at the right time for those first 6 years or so. As far as being a leader, keeping the team together, etc., that's his strength, but as talent dropped off and good assistants left, he dropped off as well.

I'm hopeful that Doug has those same leadership qualities. We'll see if he can coach. The problem is, with Roseman and Lurie running the talent side, that other part of the equation that made Reid so successful from 1999-2004 won't be there. Lurie apparently isn't wise enough to put those pieces together.

Comment

Reid was good, not great.

At this point it looks like Lurie is once bitten, twice shy in attempting to find great and is now resigned to attempting to recapture the "magic" of good. Even there, he seems to be grasping with Pederson.
                          The Eagles are boneheads. This is one of the top 10 biggest bonehead trades in the history of the NFL. - Chris Cooley 9/15/2010

Comment

On the plus side, Howie seems to be trying to mimic the FO portion of what made those teams successful.
                            -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

I remember you saying something similar at the Gayte

The Eagles had teams that were irrelevant by 0ct 7th so many years..FF brought a competitive air back to Philly; one that hadn't been since the Buddy days, So I will always look back at that run as some of the good old days...I always felt if we beat the Rams in the NFCCCG, McNabb would have run all over NE in the SB that year,,,Faulk at midfield,,burned into my mind.

Worst game day coach ever!!! He just could never get that widout combo like a Holt and Bruce in here,,,they would have won a couple.
                              OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                              "BFTR"

Comment

Working...
                              X