Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Groh, OC

Just heard it on 97.5.

Duce stays with RBs, Press Taylor new QB coach.
    Last edited by D Leff; 02-20-2018, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Did they say if they’re going to hire a new WR coach or is he going to do double duty?

Comment

Originally posted by D Leff View Post
        Duce stays with RBs, Press Taylor new QB coach.
        Duce has zero ego, love that man!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyuk View Post
          Did they say if they’re going to hire a new WR coach or is he going to do double duty?
          Haven't heard about that. Looked like McManus was breaking most of it on twitter

Comment

Think he loves what he's doing,,,we just might have kept Blount

he said there was duce factor,,,so love the move ,,,we know Dougie will be teaching his O
            OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
            "BFTR"

Comment

I have a funny feeling that this will not be a popular move with the players. Something tells me most of them were pulling for Duce.
              Last edited by BIG JAY; 02-20-2018, 01:59 PM.

Comment

I'm thinking that even if this was the case, they still have faith in Doug's ability to do the right things for the team.

Hell, maybe he's offering some kind of extra duties to Duce. We just don't know enough about it all yet.

Comment

Originally posted by brotherharv View Post
                  Duce has zero ego, love that man!!!!
                  Duce can now interview for the O.C. job with the Giants.

Comment

You’re a little behind. First the Eagles were going to block any move since he’s still under contract and the Giants already hired Mike Shula as QBs coach/OC.

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
                      I'm thinking that even if this was the case, they still have faith in Doug's ability to do the right things for the team.

Hell, maybe he's offering some kind of extra duties to Duce. We just don't know enough about it all yet.
                      I agree. Gotta wait for the announcement and hear from Duce. Would be a shame to see this split the locker room. A lot of players have gone on record for Duce. Have not seen the same for Groh. Hopefully they have their ducks in a row on this.
                      Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Groh has a better resume than Staley. It was the right move if he wanted to keep it in house.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                          Groh has a better resume than Staley. It was the right move if he wanted to keep it in house.
                          More typical resume for an OC but that doesn't necessarily mean the better choice. I can see why it happened though. Besides the resume, Groh was a Pederson hire, Duce wasn't. I can see Doug being more comfortable with Groh.

Anyway, Doug just deep-sixed Duce's future OC chances. Other teams will see this as a red flag. The Eagles had been building Duce up. Hell, they interviewed him for head coach. Now they skip over him for a journeyman WR coach. He's hit his ceiling.
                          Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

The Big Balls coaching tree has just begun. Staley will get his chance. If he likes Groh, who I see as more than just a journeyman WR coach, I can't knock this decision. DeFilippo's resume wasn't that much better than Groh's. I questioned the Big Balls hire. He now has a coaching tree and a Lombardi.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                              More typical resume for an OC but that doesn't necessarily mean the better choice. I can see why it happened though. Besides the resume, Groh was a Pederson hire, Duce wasn't. I can see Doug being more comfortable with Groh.

Anyway, Doug just deep-sixed Duce's future OC chances. Other teams will see this as a red flag. The Eagles had been building Duce up. Hell, they interviewed him for head coach. Now they skip over him for a journeyman WR coach. He's hit his ceiling.
                              Just like Pederson was only a HS head coach.
                              --
                              Your Retarded

Comment

Working...
                              X