The Eureka moment for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Eureka moment for me

First, I began to get a little crazy when I realized that Gomer had decided that the Iggles final drive was to be at about the 6:00 minute mark. Then came the 4th down play from our side of the 50.

Well, this is it. We either win or lose this game now. No sense dragging it out any further.

A few plays later......EUREKA!!!. Agholer makes the catch that puts the ball inside the 25 and I sit up and say, "God damn, we are winning this game!"

I view Graham's strip sack as THE play of the game, but it was already decided by Gomer, Nelson, and Big Dick Nick.

Still, THERE WAS NEVER A MOTHERFUCKING DOUBT BABY!
    "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Yeah. I was pacing the room that 4th down
    John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
      I paced all game like a sociopath...... BIRDS ARE WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
        I started pacing at that point and I don't think I sat down until after the trophy ceremony.

My feed was really delayed, so I silenced everything and texted my dad not to call me when it's over - I'll call him for better or worse.
        --
        Your Retarded

Comment

You didn't think Brady was going to fuck us before the strip?

Ertz scored too soon for me to believe at that time.

They hadn't made one stop in the second half and Brady had way too much time down 5.

The strip sack was the batshit mosh pit moment.

The Pats didn't have the ball anymore ... there was still work to do, but that's when I went from "oh shit, we're gonna get fucked" to "holy shit, they can actually win this"
          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Yep same for me

Originally posted by slag View Post
            Ertz scored too soon for me to believe at that time.

They hadn't made one stop in the second half and Brady had way too much time down 5.

The strip sack was the batshit mosh pit moment.

The Pats didn't have the ball anymore ... there was still work to do, but that's when I went from "oh shit, we're gonna get fucked" to "holy shit, they can actually win this"
            Until that strip I figured we were doomed
            "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Pedersen played it

like every underdog should play it, but rarely does.

Nothing to lose. Onions.

Fans love it, players love it.

Pedersen is a Philly legend now, no matter what happens going forward. (Foles too)

Comment

FF would have folded like JoLo

Doug did something even the great Dick Vermeil couldn’t do.
                Afuckingmazin
                John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by Overbrook View Post
                  First, I began to get a little crazy when I realized that Gomer had decided that the Iggles final drive was to be at about the 6:00 minute mark. Then came the 4th down play from our side of the 50.

Well, this is it. We either win or lose this game now. No sense dragging it out any further.

A few plays later......EUREKA!!!. Agholer makes the catch that puts the ball inside the 25 and I sit up and say, "God damn, we are winning this game!"

I view Graham's strip sack as THE play of the game, but it was already decided by Gomer, Nelson, and Big Dick Nick.

Still, THERE WAS NEVER A MOTHERFUCKING DOUBT BABY!
                  THAT 4TH DOWN PLAY WAS THE KEY TO THIS GAME.
                  "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

I agree but an earlier play (that 3I alluded to) that was fucking huge was after NE made it 22-19 on their opening drive in the second half ... the Eagles answered right back and part of it was when Agholor picked up a first on 3d and 6 (I think) with a spin out of a tackle.

Play that flies under the radar ... but IMO at that time, it was massive.

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
                      THAT 4TH DOWN PLAY WAS THE KEY TO THIS GAME.
                      For about 30 seconds, but felt like an eternity, I was debating if Pederson was an asshole or a heroduring the 4th down play. Turns out he is a hero!

Comment

I agree but an earlier play (that 3I alluded to) that was fucking huge was after NE made it 22-19 on their opening drive in the second half ... the Eagles answered right back and part of it was when Agholor picked up a first on 3d and 6 (I think) with a spin out of a tackle.

Play that flies under the radar ... but IMO at that time, it was massive.
                        A huge play on D, granted there weren't many, was when Mclod powerbombed cooks

Comment

Pretty sure that was Jenkins

Comment

Pretty sure that was Jenkins
                            https://www.mediaite.com/tv/watch-pa...t-powerbombed/

Can watch it again it was McLeod, Jenkins came in like a freight train on it.

Comment

I couldn't trust it until I saw 00 on the clock. Definitely a delayed eureka moment for me.
                              ".........there is no experience in the NFL like walking out of the tunnel at the Vet and listening to the fans get on you for three solid hours. Those people invent new ways to abuse you every year." Bill Parcels on the Eagle's fans

Comment

Working...
                              X