Note from the "Senior Member"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Note from the "Senior Member"

I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure that I'm the bored's senior member. One of the few that was there for the last championship. Actually, one that was in attendance at Franklin Field that memorable day.

As such, I've been overjoyed ever since the clock hit 00:00 last Sunday night. I made my "Never a Motherfucking Doubt" post and celebrated with all my bored brothers. It was, without a doubt, just plain great. I read all your posts of joy and smiled, laughed and shared in your joy.

This afternoon, I'm watching the parade with Mrs. OB. The overhead camera pans the huge crowd around the Art Museum and I turn to her to say, "See, this is what I've been talking about all these years. This championship isn't for me; it isn't for the team. All I ever wanted was to have this championship for my beloved City of Philadelphia".

The only problem was, it took me two times to get the words out. The first time I was completely choked up and could only mutter something unintelligible through some tears. I did better the second time.

I will always love Gomer for what he, more than anyone, has brought to my Philadelphia.

Thank you Iggles for this. We've deserved it for a long time, and now we have it.

Feels good. Let's have another!
    "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

I hear ya

Last time the Birds won, I was still in diapers and living in California.

Hope I’m not in diapers again for the next one. Bwahahaha
    John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Well said my friend.

Last time my first birthday was still three days away. And as you and many of my bored brothers know, my own personal championship drought went back over 34 years, so this was extra special.

Comment

What a post!

Couldn't agree more about Gomer...he's a fucking Philadelphia God now!

Comment

Couldn't have said it better....

Originally posted by Overbrook View Post
          I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure that I'm the bored's senior member. One of the few that was there for the last championship. Actually, one that was in attendance at Franklin Field that memorable day.

As such, I've been overjoyed ever since the clock hit 00:00 last Sunday night. I made my "Never a Motherfucking Doubt" post and celebrated with all my bored brothers. It was, without a doubt, just plain great. I read all your posts of joy and smiled, laughed and shared in your joy.

This afternoon, I'm watching the parade with Mrs. OB. The overhead camera pans the huge crowd around the Art Museum and I turn to her to say, "See, this is what I've been talking about all these years. This championship isn't for me; it isn't for the team. All I ever wanted was to have this championship for my beloved City of Philadelphia".

The only problem was, it took me two times to get the words out. The first time I was completely choked up and could only mutter something unintelligible through some tears. I did better the second time.

I will always love Gomer for what he, more than anyone, has brought to my Philadelphia.

Thank you Iggles for this. We've deserved it for a long time, and now we have it.

My son watched his Dad cry like a blubbering baby.

Comment

I’m so happy my wife and kids were sitting next to me as the clock hit zero.
            500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Definitely not as long as you, OB

But it’s been a 30 year wait, since I found Randall and the Eagles as an eighth grader. A long ride, but this makes it all worth it. Love this fucking bored, I’ve made some great friends. You guys are the best.
              The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

I feel the same way

I've teared up a thousand times trying to talk about things like that lately.

Comment

I was two. Almost on the day.

And thank you for your advice about Dim Jr. I was incredibly lucky to be at the game with him and jumping up and down hugging each other at 0:00. An amazing moment.
                  DB

Comment

Over the 30 year as a Iggs fan I've been asked why and how more , times than I can count. I've been ridiculed by any teams fan that has a Lombardi in their front office, Cowboys, Giants, and recently bandwagon Patsies fans who are as obnoxious as any I have encountered. They're the ones I might have the least respect for. Cowboys fans are kind of pathetic, but if you manage to stay with that dumpster fire of a team you get more from me than if you're recently on the NE train, most of whom are. I've lived through the disappointment of the Ryan years, the brutal years of Kotite, Rhodes, and on and on.... Reid was a disappointment. He had a team that should of won, but most of us saw his and McNabbs difficiencies that I think we all knew where it was headed. Chip Kelly trashed this team. Him I hate the most. You're a goof! How Howie put this back together is maybe the biggest thing of all. To have hope this season watching Wentz was incredible and only to watch him go down along with Peters, Sproules and Hicks. It was the anvil falling on the Eagles again that I have come to expect. Then came along BIG DICK NICK and here we are Superbowl Champs!! It has been an incredible ride, one I will never forget. I want to thank IE for running this place. A place that has introduced me to some truly classy people, Susg, Zubaz, Trent, DEERSPINE, Irish George, Overbrook, EIO, Ellsworth you Possum Eating Mofo!, the list goes on and on. The people here have made this win so much better and sweeter!!

Thank you gentlemen! 2018 SUPERBOWL CHAMPS THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES
                    Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

After just watching again the player speeches

Another great one from Brookie!
                      "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

The Man. The Myth. The Walking Barrel Of Acid.

Never stop posting.

Comment

You got it OB!
                          I recall going with my father to see the Eagles at Franklin Field.
                          I was only 8 in 1960.
                          I had been worried I'd never see the Eagles win a SB in my life.
                          But it just happened. I cried at the end. We made it!
                          Everything you said was right on.
                          I was also very glad my wife and I drove to Minneapolis to experience the scene, even if no game tickets.
                          It is just - The Greatest!

Comment

I feel ya man. For the first few hours, I couldn't do anything but cover my face, sob, and blubber through the tears, "We won the fucking Super Bowl! We won the fucking Super Bowl!". I had an on-camera interview the next morning, on an hour of sleep, and I knew exactly what I wanted to say and couldn't find the words to save my life. I wanted to give up, start crying and blubber "We won the fucking Super Bowl!" again, because it was the only thing I was capable of producing that made any sense. There's an enormity to this that takes some time to come to terms with and put into words.

Savor the afterglow, brother. It's been a long, long, long time coming. I think the feeling's gonna stick around for a while.

Comment

Believe The Spine guy!

was at Franklin Field! in 60
                              OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                              "BFTR"

Comment

Working...
                              X