• Show
Clear All

• Best thing about yesterdays Election In NJ

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf...ward_a_ma.html

ill be alive to see it,,,wow
    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
    "BFTR"

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
    That's the best thing? Getting your weed taxed?

Man... heads ain't what they used to be.

Comment

That's ok

Now maybe my property taxes won't go up as quickly as they did under Governor FF
      John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

O Ye of little vision

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
        That's the best thing? Getting your weed taxed?

Man... heads ain't what they used to be.
        An opportunity to make a fortune depending on how they do it, all with a nice buzz on...
        The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
          Now maybe my property taxes won't go up as quickly as they did under Governor FF
          You're not going to get any defense of the wretched fat bastard from me. I just miss the days when stoners didn't give a shit if The Man sanctioned their habit or not.

Comment

So I used to work a little in NJ politics and this has come up. The thought process always was that the next Dem Guv would allow marijuana legalization. I think the first step is that you'll see more reasonable restrictions on medical marijuana, which is legal in the state already, but the restrictions are cumbersome.

What I'm curious about is the licensure for sellers and how many towns will allow them to crop in in their own place. NJ is very territorial and every municipality is fairly NIMBY-ish. I'm sure the bigger place will see the big picture or face constituent pressures, but for every place that isn't Paterson or Newark or Trenton or even Camden, I wonder how it will go down. I think the key will be to incentivize the tax at the local level as well.

Regardless, hopefully Murphy funds the pension with serious reform.

Comment

good post

the point here is; this is not legal for medical,,its recreational use over 21, totally legal,, when is the last time you have been popped???? meaning anyone,, court , lawyers , lose your licence,,its huge money grab,,yeah Id pay some taxes to avoid the whole ruin your life routine.

life
              liberty
              and the Pursuit of Happiness!
              OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
              "BFTR"

Comment

haha

the point here is; this is not legal for medical,,its recreational use over 21, totally legal,, when is the last time you have been popped???? meaning anyone,, court , lawyers , lose your licence,,its huge money grab,,yeah Id pay some taxes to avoid the whole ruin your life routine.

life
                liberty
                For the regular joe-kid popped for a little weed possession, I'd say the cost is probably 2-2500 in total. 1K for the lawyer and if the case is solid against him, about 800 for a conditional discharge and then 6-12 months of probation (including those additional fees). At least the kid walks away with no record after probation is done (with drug tests though)

I agree with you Trent - it's a total money grab. I'll be curious if the sneaky trial lawyers fight it like they did with the DUI penalties.
                Last edited by JuTMSY4; 11-09-2017, 10:58 AM.

Comment

life
                  liberty
                  If it was about liberty, we'd be talking about outright decriminalization. Try growing a couple of plants in a "legal weed" state without paying for permission first, see what happens (hint: it rhymes with "life ruining").

Comment

Ill cross that bridge when I come to it

as long as its not closed that day
                    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                    "BFTR"

Comment

KIDS HAVE ENOUGH ACCESS TO ALL TYPES OF DRUGS PRETTY EASILY. THAT BEING SAID, I'D RATHER NOT HAVE THEM HAVE IT ACCESSIBLE TO IT ON THE HOME FRONT ALSO.

IF NO KIDS IN THE HOUSE, OR THEY ARE OLDER, SAY 17 OR 18 OR OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL, HAVE AT IT.

I DON'T WANT MY 12 AND 14 YEAR OLD'S EVEN SEEING ANY PARTS OF IT AT HOME..

I.M.O. HEALTH, VEHICLE INSURANCE RATES WILL GO SKY HIGH.
                      Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 11-09-2017, 12:59 PM.
                      "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

its all about free choice

no one wants drugs around their kids at any age. As a parent its up to you!

A lot of good can come of it too, thru revenue and even helping people struggling with opioid addiction;
                        will drop the mortality rate by almost 20%.

there will always be people who are never happy.
                        OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                        "BFTR"

Comment

this

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
                          KIDS HAVE ENOUGH ACCESS TO ALL TYPES OF DRUGS PRETTY EASILY. THAT BEING SAID, I'D RATHER NOT HAVE THEM HAVE IT ACCESSIBLE TO IT ON THE HOME FRONT ALSO.

IF NO KIDS IN THE HOUSE, OR THEY ARE OLDER, SAY 17 OR 18 OR OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL, HAVE AT IT.

It's going to be said everywhere and I don't blame people like DSG. It's going to have the same riff raff as liquor stores.

I'm not sure about this. Marijuana has been studied as a good option to some pain medications already. I think smoking will incorporate weed, but it'll be interesting to see how they work that out.

As to vehicle insurance - it has and continues to be illegal to drive under the influence.

Comment

Do you feel the same way about alcohol, which is a far more dangerous drug?

Comment

IN SOME INSTANCES YES.
                              "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Working...
                              X