Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the Supersticous, how does great preseason?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the Supersticous, how does great preseason?

Bode for the regular season, it has been my experience for Philly Teams;
    That preseason success is inversely proportional to regular season success.
    Last edited by Mississippi-Fan; 08-23-2015, 11:33 PM.
    "Never Look Back, Something May Be Gaining On You."

The 0-16 Lions won all their preseason games.

Everything looks really good so far though. Love the new RBs, defense looks improved , top draft picks are contributing. About the only shaky spot has been Parkey.
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Preseason is about getting some game-speed time in, and about evaluating players in more realistic situations. The score is secondary, and trying to extract meaning from preseason game results is useless.

I wouldn't put any stock in it one way or another.

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
        Preseason is about getting some game-speed time in, and about evaluating players in more realistic situations. The score is secondary, and trying to extract meaning from preseason game results is useless.

I wouldn't put any stock in it one way or another.
        I would also add it's about escaping without serious injuries (see Bradford, S. last year)
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

I don't put much stock into pre-season records. To me it's all about how the first and second teams look.

Cowboys went 0-4 and Giants 5-0 in pre-season last year. How did they win/lose those games is the real question.

Comment

True. You want to test all players, and give them some reps, but since there is an odd mix of player quality after the starters go, it's impossible to glean anything significant from the score.

I'm still amazed that the degenerate folks can actually wager on these sham events.

Comment

record is meaningless but it is encouraging to see first and second teams look good.

the last time i think there was as much of a reason to watch the preseason was 2010, and kolb's terrible performance was a little indicative of how the rest of his career would go. i guess vick's "fuck it" mentality when chucking up INTs again the steelers in 2011 showed us a little something too.

Comment

Working...
              X