Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, by week 4

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
    Me too. Every single time he gets hit. Hopefully that wears off during the season.

As far as Kelly not winning the big game, eh. He took a second tier program and turned it into a national power house. He never had the physical talent that the SEC schools had and got steam rolled in a national championship game. I think he did pretty well just by getting there with Oregon.

That said, I pretty much demand a playoff win this year. Right now I'm optimistic that that can happen.
    ....as everyone settles in the focus will be somewhere else.
    "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Hey buddy, sent you a PM.
      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

FF took a team that was dogshit, won a playoff game in year 2, got it to the Super Bowl, and we still rode him for not closing. Rightfully so.

Chip still hasn't closed anything.

His biggest recruiting success at Oregon was Phil Knight.

Comment

I hear you. Reid coached the Birds for 13 years (?) and had at least 4-5 legit chances to win a SB and never closed the deal. Kelly only coached the Ducks for 4 years and went to a BCS Bowl every year. He won the Rose Bowl and Fiesta Bowl in his last two seasons (there was no playoff yet). I'm not sure I would categorize that, in the context of college ball, as not closing anything given that only two teams were selected to play in the championship game.

Now, he certainly hasn't won anything in the NFL and like I said elsewhere, I demand a playoff win this year or I am going to be skeptical.
          Last edited by McCarthy12; 08-31-2015, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
            College too. Neither covered himself in glory in the big games at Oklahoma and Oregon.

Seriously, what has Chip won? Even Spurrier and Saban had national championships.
            It took Saban and Spurrier 10 years as head coaches until they made their first national titles. Chip took Oregon to one in his second year and lost to the Cam Newton buzzsaw.

Nobody knows how things would have played out, but if Chip stayed/was stil at Oregon, its very possible he could have at least one title by his 10th season.

The problem is, Chip moved up the college ranks quickly and didn't have as much time to prove himself and win "the big one" as some of the other NCAA to NFL coaches did.
            Last edited by Sect 236; 08-31-2015, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
              FF took a team that was dogshit, won a playoff game in year 2, got it to the Super Bowl, and we still rode him for not closing. Rightfully so.

Chip still hasn't closed anything.

His biggest recruiting success at Oregon was Phil Knight.
              You're trolling, right?
              "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
                You're trolling, right?
                This thread was started by a troll.
                Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

There was a lot of talent on that team. Don't want to gloss that over.

Comment

the beta thing was better than this.
                    WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

Lloyd Carr won bowls. Big shit he won bowls. Never with an undefeated team. Whenever a team lined up and punched Oregon in the mouth they folded. Remind you of a team in midnight green the last two seasons?

Comment

So, fire Chip and hire Gene Chizik?

Edit to add: I agree with what McCarthy said below. He needs to prove it at the NFL level, but I also agree with you in the toughness factor. I watched a lot of Oregon when he was there and no team gave them more problems than Stanford. It looked a lot like Eagles vs. Seattle last year. I would like to see them get better with that.
                        Last edited by Sect 236; 08-31-2015, 12:51 PM.

Comment

So the teams they beat in the Rose and Fiesta Bowls didn't "punch them in the mouth?" Those games are elite team vs. elite team. He won some and lost some.

He needs to prove himself in the NFL. I think that is without debate.

Comment

FF had McNabb. Kelly has had shit at most important position until now.

Insert Bart Scott: can't wait........HERE!

Comment

Donovan McNabb had more talent than Bradford.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                                It took Saban and Spurrier 10 years as head coaches until they made their first national titles. Chip took Oregon to one in his second year and lost to the Cam Newton buzzsaw.

Nobody knows how things would have played out, but if Chip stayed/was stil at Oregon, its very possible he could have at least one title by his 10th season.

The problem is, Chip moved up the college ranks quickly and didn't have as much time to prove himself and win "the big one" as some of the other NCAA to NFL coaches did.
                                No no no. If you can't win the NC in 4 years at a 2nd/3rd tier school in terms of recruiting then you have no cred.
                                --
                                Your Retarded

Comment

Working...
                                X