Hamels and Diekman to Rangers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hamels and Diekman to Rangers

Details still being reported but it looks like the Phils got the 5th (OF Nick Williams), 6th (C Jorge Alfaro), 17th (P Jerad Eickhoff) and 29th (P Alec Asher) for Cole and Gascan

Add the Rangers 4th rated prospect (P Jake Thompson) to the list as well as bum veteran Matt Harrison.

Comment

The Phils could get a muppet for Gas Can and be waaaaay ahead.

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
      Add the Rangers 4th rated prospect (P Jake Thompson) to the list as well as bum veteran Matt Harrison.
      OB likes this deal.
      "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

hard to get excited about "prospects".

they will most likely blow.

But, still happy they got rid of "paps"...he was aids...wrapped in ebola.
        “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

it really bums me out to see him go but it had to be done. and they got the best possible return. dude will go down as a legend after being under appreciated for many years here. 101-15 when he received at least 3 runs of support. hope he can come back here if this team is competing in 3 years. thanks for the memories, cole.

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
            hard to get excited about "prospects".

they will most likely blow.

But, still happy they got rid of "paps"...he was aids...wrapped in ebola.
            It is hard to get excited, but that's baseball. This is a huge $$ move as well. It looks like they saved about $40 million when all is said and done.
            Last edited by Ground_Meat; 07-30-2015, 05:05 AM.

Comment

no

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
              It is hard to get excited, but that's baseball. This is a huge $$ move as well. It looks like they saved about $40 million when all is said and done.
              Rangers got a coup for moving Harrison and getting 9.5 mil from the Phils. Hamels making 22.5 per (less a total of about 32 mil Phils ended up paying) makes him incredibly affordable and he's likely got 4.5 years of solid pitching left in him.

They is what netted the Phils some allegedly decent prospects. I won't pretend to know more about them than what I googled a few days ago.
              Last edited by JuTMSY4; 07-30-2015, 07:54 AM.

Comment

What?

He was owed 22 and the team paid him 32 mil? He was owed three more years at a total of around 80 mil, give or take a few mil. They got the best they could for him. Most pundits I have read say both sides did well on this one

Comment

Originally posted by ncigglefan View Post
                  He was owed 22 and the team paid him 32 mil? He was owed three more years at a total of around 80 mil, give or take a few mil. They got the best they could for him. Most pundits I have read say both sides did well on this one
                  Phils are paying Harrison and chipped in another 9.5 mil on Hamels.

Comment

NHOT

Bwah

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                      Rangers got a coup for moving Harrison and getting 9.5 mil from the Phils. Hamels making 22.5 per (less a total of about 32 mil Phils ended up paying) makes him incredibly affordable and he's likely got 4.5 years of solid pitching left in him.

They is what netted the Phils some allegedly decent prospects. I won't pretend to know more about them than what I googled a few days ago.
                      Hamels is owed more than 70 mil through the life of his contract, correct?

Comment

Are the prospects Philly guys?

Do any of them talk funny?
                        John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                          Phils are paying Harrison and chipped in another 9.5 mil on Hamels.
                          and saved 80 plus million over the next three years. They got 3 of the Rangers top 10 prospects, and I believe 3 or 4 of them are in the BA top 100 prospects in all of baseball. Pretty decent return. Hopefully it turns out better than the Cliff Lee debacle.

Comment

Working...
                          X