Bradford - best QB talent WE have ever had

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bradford - best QB talent WE have ever had

Randall drew me to football. He's most athletic QB of all time.

But from what you need from a QB in chip system Bradford has it all. Quick decisions, poise, height, quick release, different release points, command at LOS, zip on ball and lastly ACCURACY.

All comes down to staying on field, we will turn over ball significantly less and have less 3 and outs, both will benefit the D from wearing down.

Drink up fellas. This isn't being a skins fan. This is me having the balls to say what you're all thinking and not worry about jinxes
    I'm not the hill you want to die on

Didn't know Spuds had hired an assistant....

Originally posted by 91EaglesD View Post

But from what you need from a QB in chip system Bradford has it all. Quick decisions, poise, height, quick release, different release points, command at LOS, zip on ball and lastly ACCURACY.

All comes down to staying on field, we will turn over ball significantly less and have less 3 and outs, both will benefit the D from wearing down.

Drink up fellas. This isn't being a skins fan. This is me having the balls to say what you're all thinking and not worry about jinxes
    ... You make Pravda proud.
    "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

The Dutchman wasn't too bad

That whole Hall of Fame thing and everything. Like to see a larger sample size on Bradford before I put him ahead of Norm.
      DB

Comment

Sam looks real good. If he's upright, the offense will be dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
          That whole Hall of Fame thing and everything. Like to see a larger sample size on Bradford before I put him ahead of Norm.
          I'm just basing off what I've seen 1988 - on. Easy to be biased on old-timers as I've only ever seen their highlights

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
            ... You make Pravda proud.
            Go make me some oreos

Comment

He fits the system well. A QB who never won the big game for a coach who never won the big game.

Comment

I said TALENT

Comment

And that's the point about Charles Kelly. As a coach he has TALENT. Let's see it on Sundays.

Comment

I got it

I'm just basing off what I've seen 1988 - on. Easy to be biased on old-timers as I've only ever seen their highlights
                    The Dutchman won us (yes I said "us") a championship. Hard to argue with that and the HOF cred.

I'd sort of grade QBs as:

Jaws B
                    Randall B- (although the most exciting to watch)
                    Pukeboy B
                    Garcia C
                    Smiley Peete C-
                    Kolb Gobbler D
                    AJ Feeley C+ (he got us a 2d rounder based on like two games)
                    Bradford Incomplete but definitely A- territory based on a small n.

Edited to add: This isn't based on talent, just performance. I have a hard time separating "talent" from performance. See, e.g., Jeff George.

On another note, I've been impressed with Barkley's ability to look to 3d and even 4th receivers. He is a clear upgrade over Teblow and should be kept on the roster.
                    Last edited by Dim Bulb; 08-31-2015, 11:12 AM. Reason: Edited to respond to "talent"
                    DB

Comment

This will be Sam's 5th year and Chips 3rd

How many QB's/Coaches have one the big game that early in their career?

Comment

Swish!

Edited to add: I am extremely excited to see Bradford in thi offense but will be holding My breath every time he gets hit.
                        Last edited by Ellsworth; 08-31-2015, 11:35 AM.

Comment

College too. Neither covered himself in glory in the big games at Oklahoma and Oregon.

Seriously, what has Chip won? Even Spurrier and Saban had national championships.

Comment

Me too. Every single time he gets hit. Hopefully that wears off during the season.

As far as Kelly not winning the big game, eh. He took a second tier program and turned it into a national power house. He never had the physical talent that the SEC schools had and got steam rolled in a national championship game. I think he did pretty well just by getting there with Oregon.

That said, I pretty much demand a playoff win this year. Right now I'm optimistic that that can happen.
                            Last edited by McCarthy12; 08-31-2015, 11:45 AM.
                            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Why so serious...

Go make me some oreos
                              ....you should be proud of your achievement. It's takes great fandom ( and hand strength) to be a top flight Pravda Fluffer.

Proud of ya.
                              "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Working...
                              X