Lebron Fairy Tale for Philly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lebron Fairy Tale for Philly?

Long piece but Simmons is always a fun read. And it has a happy ending!

https://www.theringer.com/2018/2/23/...ency-narrative
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

A happier ending would be including 'relieving Colangelo of his GM duties'. Their odds would have been better if Fultz actually ended up playing to the level Colangelo thought when he traded a very valuable draft pick for him. Instead we are stuck with a player who has a mystery ailment. It's very frustrating knowing how good this team could have been with a competent GM this year.

Comment

We had to wait a year or more to see what we had in our last two high picks, so I'm willing to give this one a little more time.
      -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Unfortunately, this player cost them an additional first round pick which most likely will be very good next year for a team that will most likely be your biggest rival over the next coming years. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt if he actually got a return on the Noel or Okafor trades. Hinkie had this team set up perfectly for the next decade and this turd is doing his best to ruin it.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
          Unfortunately, this player cost them an additional first round pick which most likely will be very good next year for a team that will most likely be your biggest rival over the next coming years. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt if he actually got a return on the Noel or Okafor trades. Hinkie had this team set up perfectly for the next decade and this turd is doing his best to ruin it.
          The good news is that it is impossible for him to ruin it. As long as Ben and JoJo stay healthy they will participate in multiple parades down Broad.

Comment

Originally posted by 06hawkalum View Post
            The good news is that it is impossible for him to ruin it. As long as Ben and JoJo stay healthy they will participate in multiple parades down Broad.
            We heard the same thing about Shaq and Penny. If you think it's impossible for him to ruin it, you most likely think Booker is a good player.

Comment

Imagine the cockiness (and extra large collar size) he'll be walking around with if the Lakers pick falls at #10 this year, the Kings pick comes in at #1 next year and the Celtics end up with our pick in the 20s.

Outside of a miraculous Markelle recovery that makes him James Harden 2.0, that's the only way the trade is salvaged.

Cuban admitted to tanking. Is Silver going to step in and make him hire Jerry Colangelo now too?

Edit to add: Hearing Josh Harris say "Trust The Process" last night during the broadcast made me sick to my stomach.
              Last edited by Sect 236; 02-23-2018, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Tanking is out of control but it makes the most sense. Every team below the Lakers is tanking (except the Nets). Last night, the Bulls fans were mostly cheering for them to lose like we've been doing for years. The light bulb finally went off for these teams. The NBA is still a broken product. We just need to make sure we become one of those handful of teams that will have a realistic shot at winning it every year due to the lack of parity.

Josh Harris only sees this team as an investment. You can tell he's fake.

Comment

Is that true?

. Hinkie had this team set up perfectly for the next decade and this turd is doing his best to ruin it.
                  Hinkie whiffed on Noel (acceptable given his talent and the process) and took MCW over over Giannis (huh?)

He lucked into Embiid over say, jabari parker at #3.

He drafted Okafor (bleh) over high ceiling porzingis.

And then finally got it right by tanking to get Simmons (even if he wasn't the GM who pulled the trigger on Simmons, it was obvious, so I credit him there).

The process is correct, but Hinkie's talent evaluation still left a lot to be desired. Any of us can draft the consensus #1 (e.g. Simmons).

Comment

Now this I agree with

Tanking is out of control but it makes the most sense. Every team below the Lakers is tanking (except the Nets). Last night, the Bulls fans were mostly cheering for them to lose like we've been doing for years. The light bulb finally went off for these teams. The NBA is still a broken product. We just need to make sure we become one of those handful of teams that will have a realistic shot at winning it every year due to the lack of parity.

Josh Harris only sees this team as an investment. You can tell he's fake.
                    Especially the Josh Harris part. I think it's why the NBA will always be a 3rd or 4th place (for me) league.

Comment

Hinkie was the process. He gave this team the most chances to find a couple of centerpieces. If he missed a pick, he had other options. While I do think he wanted Porzingis and was swayed to go after Okafor, the process protected Hinkie by him acquiring additional assets. He wasn't trading first round picks, he was acquiring them. That's huge. I have no doubt Hinkie would have gotten a lot more for Noel and Okafor. I saw what he did with MCW. The guy didn't have to be perfect because he knew how to acquire additional assets.

Colangelo gives assets away. He takes players out of games thinking he was about to trade them. He also makes the assets so useless that he has to throw in draft picks to make them disappear. Colangelo is almost the opposite of Hinkie and it's a shame. I'll let it play out but so far Colangelo has been brutal.

Comment

Working...
                      X