IGGLEPHANS  

Go Back   IGGLEPHANS > Igglephans Main Board

Unread 10-16-2017, 10:35 AM   #1
TRENT

TRENT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Think I speak for most when I say as a true Iggles fan

Its Fuggin Awesome to have a defense again!

3 Years ago I was stead fast that if Billy Davis was still here I would not walk back into the Building,,We not only got rid of him but we are playing some of the best Defense since JJ was around....Makes watching the Eagles so Much better...as a long time fan..I have had many lean years, as we all have. but I'm used to Defense! Special teams that U have to hold your breath and an Offense well ...U know; stinks mostly...but hey Im an Iggles Fan.

Gimme my defense baby! Lets hope they continue to grow....Makes the season Enjoyable to me, and hopefully everyone else...

Last edited by TRENT; 10-16-2017 at 10:37 AM.
TRENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2017, 11:00 AM   #2
JuTMSY4

It's interesting that Bill Davis's defenses always improve (to a high level) after he leaves. I'm sure the guy is a decent talent evaluator, but he was always going to fail with Chip.

Schwartz has done a great job protecting the corners (it helps to have a good line), but baring injury, they should get better once Darby is back. There's a window on Jones, but I'm not sure it's really worth it to rush him.
JuTMSY4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2017, 11:03 AM  
Posted in reply to JuTMSY4's post starting "It's interesting that Bill Davis's..."
TRENT

Default Its Talent and Coaching

I could understand if we were running a 3-4, but yeah the guy leaves, real coaches come in...and the defense takes a jump... TOP is such a diff between Chipper and Gomer. helps the Dee

Cox is truly hitting his beast mode...with S Jones starting to Practice and Darby on Schedule to return in a couple weeks,,there is plenty of ceiling for this Group.
We stop givin up the X play and look out.
Unread 10-16-2017, 11:43 AM  
Posted in reply to TRENT's post "Its Talent and Coaching"
JuTMSY4

Just FYI - Sidney Jones isn't practicing. While getting another corner is nice, I don't think it's worth the rush and I'm not sure how much a rookie corner coming off injury helps.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...iladelphia-nfl

Quote:
Coach Doug Pederson has stressed that the Eagles won’t rush Jones’ recovery, and a source close to the situation said last week that Jones remained “not close” to practicing. The Eagles have six weeks from this week to activate him from NFI. Once he is activated, they have three weeks to add him to the roster. If that time passes without activation, he reverts to injured reserve and his season is over. The league source said Sunday that Jones probably is several weeks away from getting back the “explosion” a cornerback needs. The source said he thinks December might be a more reasonable time to expect Jones to be fully functional, which would push the NFI window to its maximum and would raise the possibility that Jones won’t play at all this year. Especially if the defense continues to function as well as it has during the team’s 5-1 start.
Unread 10-16-2017, 11:45 AM  
Posted in reply to JuTMSY4's post starting "Just FYI - Sidney Jones isn't..."
TRENT

Default well this is up to date

article I read last week said he was going to start practicing this week..I say sit him till next year and give Darby the Bi week..

Last edited by TRENT; 10-16-2017 at 11:46 AM.
Unread 10-16-2017, 11:50 AM   #6
Overbrook
NOT AN ANIMAL!

Overbrook is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Well, youíre speaking for me Trent

Over the past few years Iíve yearned to have that Iggles defense again.

Even back to those days when we sucked balls, but teams sure didnít want to play us because the defense was so tough.

It was so great to watch the futility of the Cruds trying to run the ball. It makes it fun again to watch the Iggles (except that the officiating makes it almost unwatchable). Guess you canít have everything.
Unread 10-16-2017, 12:07 PM  
Posted in reply to TRENT's post "well this is up to date"
JuTMSY4

Default I thought so too

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRENT View Post
article I read last week said he was going to start practicing this week..I say sit him till next year and give Darby the Bi week..
I think the media misinterpreted "eligible to practice" as "practicing." I'm with you, let's just wait on Jones. Also in that article is the fact that Jones missing a year gives the eagles a year of restricted free agency from Jones. If the kid is legit, that helps a lot.
Unread 10-16-2017, 12:42 PM   #8
TRENT

Default right there with ya man! Watching the pussy cats try and try

to run the Rb's outta the I" to the tune of like 2 yards,,,,lovvin it,,

at least with a respectable defense; games are fun to watch again. Wentz is some major Icing on the Cake!

Last edited by TRENT; 10-16-2017 at 12:45 PM.
Unread 10-16-2017, 03:08 PM   #9
BirdBrawn

I agree with this post.
BirdBrawn is offline   Reply With Quote