And the Browns did it again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And the Browns did it again

CINCINNATI -- The Bengals and Cleveland Browns failed to work out a trade that would have sent quarterback A.J. McCarron to Cleveland for two undisclosed draft picks, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

According to Schefter, the two teams appeared to agree to a deal at 3:55 p.m. ET, right before the 4 p.m. deadline. but were not able to finalize it before the trade deadline passed. The Bengals sent the trade information to the NFL, while the Browns did not.

GOTTA FEEL BAD FOR THE BROWNS FANS......

AAHH NO YOU DON'T.
    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
      GOTTA FEEL BAD FOR THE BROWNS FANS......

AAHH NO YOU DON'T.
      I DO feel for them because the Browns were my second favorite team(a distant second, of course) for a brief time when Kosar was there and they were losing those rip-your-heart-out AFCCG's to the Broncos. I was drawn to them because they were a gritty team with a diehard, frustrated fanbase which hadn't won squat in years and they played in an old crap stadium. Sound familiar?

I thought being an Eagles fan was tough but the Browns take it to another level, particularly these days when their FO has been the joke of the league for quite some time.
      Last edited by headknocker; 11-01-2017, 11:23 AM.

Comment

It wasnt the Browns fault.

Originally posted by thegodfather View Post
        CINCINNATI -- The Bengals and Cleveland Browns failed to work out a trade that would have sent quarterback A.J. McCarron to Cleveland for two undisclosed draft picks, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

According to Schefter, the two teams appeared to agree to a deal at 3:55 p.m. ET, right before the 4 p.m. deadline. but were not able to finalize it before the trade deadline passed. The Bengals sent the trade information to the NFL, while the Browns did not.
        It was actually the Bengals who Bungled the deal. They sent the wrong paperwork to teh league office right at the deadline. By the time it was discovered the deadline had passed.

Comment

They were gonna trade a 2nd and 3rd for McCarron. Bullet dodged, if you ask me.

Comment

Level of Agreement 100%
            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
              They were gonna trade a 2nd and 3rd for McCarron. Bullet dodged, if you ask me.
              Crazy, stupid...anything you want to call it. Just another example of that "stellar" FO.

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMIN EAGLE View Post
                It was actually the Bengals who Bungled the deal. They sent the wrong paperwork to teh league office right at the deadline. By the time it was discovered the deadline had passed.
                Actually it wasn't. According to the NFL, trade paperwork needs to be signed individually by each team and each team needs to send their signed copy to the league. The Browns signed the trade sheet and sent it to the Bengals instead of the league office. The Bengals sent in their own signed paperwork. Even if the Bengals would have taken the signed copy the Browns sent them and sent it in, the league still would not have okayed the trade because the Browns need to send their copy of the paperwork to the league, not the Bengals.

From the way it looks. Hue Jackson, Browns head coach, wanted to make the trade. Sahsi Brown, the GM, did not. Hue went to owner Jimmy Haslan who sided with Hue and told Sashi to get the deal done. So Sashi and his staff worked to get the deal done, but the speculation now is that they intentionally didn't send the signed trade sheet to the NFL, only to the Bengals, in order to sabotage the trade that the front office didn't want to make.
                Last edited by gsf23nd; 11-01-2017, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X