WORLD SERIES GAME 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WORLD SERIES GAME 6

WONDER WHAT DRAMA TONIGHT. BEEN A GREAT SERIES.
    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Game 5 was off-the-hook...an all-timer, IMO.

I'm definitely pulling for the Astros and although I've never liked the Dodgers it wouldn't kill me to see them win it all since my all-time favorite Phillie would get another WS ring.

Comment

Originally posted by headknocker View Post
      Game 5 was off-the-hook...an all-timer, IMO.

I'm definitely pulling for the Astros and although I've never liked the Dodgers it wouldn't kill me to see them win it all since my all-time favorite Phillie would get another WS ring.
      Reminds me of Game 4 of the 93 Phillies/BlueJays WS

Comment

Fuck Major League Baseball for putting that game on at 830 on a work/school night.

These cunts put so many fucking games on TV that it makes us lose interest, but when their marquee event is on they set it up so late so they lose the east coast audience?

Fuck them.

If they started at 7 pm, I wouldn't gave gone to sleep in the 8th with the Astros up 3.
        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

DVR AT BEDTIME MAYBE? I DO IT OFTEN. NOTHING FOR ME TO GET UPSET OVER.

BUT I WILL STAY UP TONIGHT FOR ENTIRE GAME.

THEIR NOT GONNA START A WORLD SERIES GAME ON LEFT COAST AT 4. NOT GONNA HAPPEN. 8:30 NOT A BAD START TIME.
          Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 11-01-2017, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wynnron123 View Post
            Reminds me of Game 4 of the 93 Phillies/BlueJays WS
            Without a doubt. I still get nightmares about the Phils blowing that big lead....should've won that series in six games instead of losing it in excruciating fashion.

Comment

With all due respect ... horseshit on 8:30 as a good time just to get a money grab on tv advertisers.

More importantly it actually is less about me than younger potential fans ... I'm already the top demographic they have ... the nitwits running the show are making tv money now and destroying their future.

School age kids on the east coast are missing out on this.

EDITED TO ADD: And it's worse that that ... they flex Sunday afternoon games with kid friendly promotions to night games during the regular season.

The NFL is screwing the pooch also ... if you have a good team you get fucked on flexed start times late in the season ... can't make plans in favor of a tv audience that would probably rather watch in the afternoon anyway and I have to drive home on a Sunday until 2 am.

The poster child this year on that shit is that we may have the home Dallas game flexed to late on New Year's fucking Eve.
              Last edited by slag; 11-01-2017, 04:11 PM.

Comment

I HAVE WAY MORE SHIT IN MY LIFE TO WORRY ABOUT THAN STARTING TIMES OF GAMES. I REALLY DON'T MIND IT, I CAN ACTUALLY WATCH THE GAMES IN PEACE.

WITH THE KIDS WATCHING ISSUE, LET THEM STAY UP TO WATCH, OR DVR FOR WHEN THEY GET HOME FROM SCHOOL. MY DAD LET ME STAY UP WHEN I WANTED TO WATCH.

AS FOR NEW YEARS, SOUNDS LIKE A BIG ASS NEW YEARS EVE PARTY TO ME, WITH 60,000 OF MY CLOSEST FRIENDS.

AND MY LAST POST I TYPED THE WRONG THEY'RE. THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS, DOIN TO MANY THINGS AT ONCE.
                Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 11-01-2017, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                  School age kids on the east coast are missing out on this.
                  EDITED TO ADD: And it's worse that that ... they flex Sunday afternoon games with kid friendly promotions to night games during the regular season.
                  School age kids don't consume sports by parking in front of a TV, that's what old farts like us do.
                  The youngsters consume sports in short bytes on multiple social media outlets.

Besides, who cares about you elitist east coast bastards who can't stay up late anyways ? Take an effing nap old man...

Comment

You're both full of shit on this and you know it.

Kids like watching sports for the drama as much as another person.

The assholes at MLB are fucking up ... but like every other fucking company in this country all they care about is the next quarter.

Comment

You like watching shit about which you already know the outcome?

Comment

PS - what time does the Super Bowl start?

Comment

The NFL is screwing the pooch also ... if you have a good team you get fucked on flexed start times late in the season ... can't make plans in favor of a tv audience that would probably rather watch in the afternoon anyway and I have to drive home on a Sunday until 2 am.

The poster child this year on that shit is that we may have the home Dallas game flexed to late on New Year's fucking Eve.
                          The Christmas night game doesn't bother me. I can plan for that one. Actually playing on Christmas night is better than Christmas eve afternoon or night for me. I can deal with a Christmas night game.

On the other hand, the possibility of them "flexing" a currently scheduled 1PM New Years Eve game to a late game on NYE is messed up for a number of reasons. I personally think they should not schedule any night game on NYE. Why put any more inebriated people on the road?

Wait a sec! I just took a closer look at the entire league schedule and there appears to be no SNF on either Xmas eve or NYE! Good move. They could move that 1PM game to 425 PM but that is it.
                          --------
                          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

SOMETIMES I DO. BUT WHEN DID I SAY I KNOW THE OUTCOME? THE BIG TIME GAMES I RECORD I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED UNTIL I WATCH NEXT DAY.

Comment

PS - what time does the Super Bowl start?
                              DON'T KNOW. THAT'S A LONG WAY OFF. SHIT THAT'S NEXT YEAR.

Comment

Working...
                              X