Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Aaron Judge is an MVP candidate.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Aaron Judge is an MVP candidate.........

then why isn’t Dave Kingman in the Hall of Fame?

Not much difference. Just sayin’.
    "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Pretty good comparison, IMO. Very similar players.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Way early to make any comparison.
      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
        Way early to make any comparison.
        This is true as well.
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

kingman was before my time but to me seems like a worse version of adam dunn. lower OBP, equally bad defense, bad advanced stats, and both fail to make the HOF with 400 homers. despite the SOs aaron judge draws way more walks than kingman. dude has a great OPS and actually plays defense, posting great advanced stats. he's far from the stereotype of a HR-or-SO guy.

Comment

Mike Schmidt hit below the Mendoza line and struck out a lot his rookie year ... he turned out a fuck load better than Dave Kingman.

It's Judge's rookie year ... who the hell knows what he does from here?

.280 and 52 dingers is a pretty nice start, though ... I'll sign up for that from Hoskins right fucking now.

Comment

So, I make this huge tongue in cheek post.......

disparaging all this MVP dribble about Judge, and it Overbrooks into a serious discussion of the merits of the two players.

In truth, Judge can hit home runs and has a ton of potential. He also make Ryan Howard look like a contact hitter. He’s got a lot left to prove.

Kingman also hit with great power. Other than the home runs, he sucked balls.

Ergo, at his current level, Judge will be a legitimate MVP candidate after Kingman is inducted in the HOF.

Just sayin’
              Last edited by Overbrook; 10-21-2017, 04:05 PM.
              "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

Judge's year is significantly closer to MVP consideration than Kingman's career is to HOF consideration.

Comment

Fuck Noo Yawk

And fuck the Yankoffs.

Comment

We're not talking about the Yankees, we're talking about Aaron Judge.

I don't give a shit what laundry he wears ... the guy doesn't showboat and plays hard.

I liked those qualities in Nomaaah ... I liked them in Jeter ... I like them in Utley and I like them in this guy.

EDITED TO ADD: Not that I don't get your point ... the flip side of which is that Pete Rose was an asshole before he put on a Phillies uniform ... but then he became our asshole.
                    Last edited by slag; 10-21-2017, 04:52 PM.

Comment

FUCK THE YANKMEES
                      Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 10-21-2017, 05:05 PM.
                      "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

In truth, I really like NY

I like the city, and love upstate NY.

NY sports teams, on the other hand, can all go fuck off.

As for Judge, I liked him at first. He looked like a real gentleman; but as the season has progressed you could notice the douchebaggary creeping into his personality. He keeps on hitting dingers, he'll turn into a real asshole.

The one gut on the Yankoffs I like is Didi. There's a great example of a skilled player who just goes out there and does his job with little fanfare.

Comment

I'VE BEEN IN N.Y.C. FOR HALF HOUR TO DROP OFF PHONE EQUIPMENT FOR A JOB, UP TO WATKINS GLEN FOR A WEEKEND, QUEENS TO SEE WIFEYS HOUSE SHE GREW UP IN AND THAT'S ABOUT IT.
                          "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Working...
                          X