I've changed my mind.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've changed my mind.

After further research, I'll endorse the deal. My initial gut reaction was if it ain't broke don't fix and that I've seen bad attitudes screw up too many Eagle teams in the past decade.

But a potential franchise back for a fourth rounder is too tempting to pass up. A fair amount of red flags but if it goes sour I trust them to handle better than they handled TO.

If its true that the Dolphins initiated this, they are Chump Kelly level clowns. Could have shopped Ajayi for at least a third.
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

It was all the 2nd and 12's the offense was in...

we needed to improve there and, be able to pass out of the running formations more...So if he can stow the tude, we might have really helped wentz and the O line..Run blocking is easier than Pass Pro
    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
    "BFTR"

Comment

Don't think it went to that level of analysis. They have no dependable #1 RB and got a 24 year old who ran for 1200 yards last season for a fourth rounder. Gotta make that deal.
      Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

that's where I'm at

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
        Don't think it went to that level of analysis. They have no dependable #1 RB and got a 24 year old who ran for 1200 yards last season for a fourth rounder. Gotta make that deal.
        Ajayi won't rock the boat this season because he benefits, even with a less prominent role, by winning. Next year, there will be no Blount and so Smallwood will serve as the change-of-pace guy with Ajayi being the starter and an established QB. so he wins again.

This also checks a box for next season without relying on a rookie. And that's at the cost of a 4th rounder anyway.
        Last edited by JuTMSY4; 11-01-2017, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
          Ajayi won't rock the boat this season because he benefits, even with a less prominent role, by winning. Next year, there will be no Blount and so Smallwood will serve as the change-of-pace guy with Ajayi being the starter and an established QB. so he wins again.

This also checks a box for next season without relying on a rookie. And that's at the cost of a 4th rounder anyway.
          I wish we knew how long his knees were going to hold up... I guess nobody really knows though. He would be a perfect long term answer at that position.

Comment

I don't think he's a long term answer

Originally posted by D Leff View Post
            I wish we knew how long his knees were going to hold up... I guess nobody really knows though. He would be a perfect long term answer at that position.
            Most RBs aren't and most good teams can't afford to invest that kind of cap room in a somewhat fungible position. But I would trade a 4th for 2 years (or so) of consistent RB production.

Comment

Long term being like this year and maybe 4 more, but yeah, I hear ya.

Comment

Originally posted by D Leff View Post
                Long term being like this year and maybe 4 more, but yeah, I hear ya.
                This is a year and a half rental. After that the guy is a UFA and if the Eagles do sign himmtheybwould be doing something in 2019 they could have done anyway.

For a fourth round pick its a reasonable amount of chips to push into the pot.
                "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Working...
                X