Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maclin's value

http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/20...maclins-value/

"It's got to be somewhere between Greg Jennings and Dwayne Bowe," said Corry.

Jennings signed a 5-year, $45 million deal ($9 million per year) with the Vikings in 2013 that includes just shy of $18 million guaranteed. Bowe inked a 5-year, $56 million contract ($11.2 million per year) the same offseason with $20 million guaranteed.

"He's a $10 million per year receiver based on what he did," said Corry, who believes Maclin will net at least $20 million guaranteed. "You want to say his numbers are inflated by the system? Yeah, you could say that to a degree. But what can drive it more than anything else, and I can't stress this enough, is having a viable alternative."

That alternative, Corry believes, lies in Kansas City. The Chiefs have not received adequate returns on their Bowe investment, and the Chiefs went the entire season without a touchdown from their wide receivers. Andy Reid might very well be in favor of making a reunion with Maclin happen.
    Last edited by Melchior; 01-12-2015, 08:23 PM.
    "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

This front office is so fucked I'm not even going to attempt to guess what they wil do. For all we know coach dez could be starting for them next year...

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
      This front office is so fucked I'm not even going to attempt to guess what they wil do. For all we know coach dez could be starting for them next year...
      Would you take Dez on the Eagles?
      --
      Your Retarded

Comment

so maclin just posted 1300 and 10(with his QB favoring matthews for half of the season) but his value is between that of a guy who hasn't posted 1000 yards since 2010, and one that didn't catch a TD in 2014? i think he'll make more money than either.

Comment

Under the pretense of Maclin walking? Yes. Do I find him unbearable? Yes. Changing colors could help

Comment

I'd rather have Demaryius Thomas if it could be worked out but I think that's a pipe dream.

Comment

The Eagles wouldn't pay DJax - a more valuable weapon - 10M a year. Which I agree with.

So why pay that much to Maclin? What does Matthews make?

Plenty of receivers will thrive in this offense. 8M max.
              Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Maclin put those numbers up with a bunch of chumps throwing the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
                  Would you take Dez on the Eagles?
                  Sure. Depends on price but he's better than Maclin. But I doubt Chip will.

Actually I'd go with a rookie or cheap FA. No reason to spend big bucks on a receiver in Kelly's offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
                    Maclin put those numbers up with a bunch of chumps throwing the ball.
                    One of those chumps threw for more yards to Jackson and made Cooper look good. No reason to pay any receiver 10M a year. Waste of money.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                      Sure. Depends on price but he's better than Maclin. But I doubt Chip will.

Actually I'd go with a rookie or cheap FA. No reason to spend big bucks on a receiver in Kelly's offense.
                      I'd love for them to get Diggs. The shitty QB play at Maryland will likely drop him a bit.
                      --
                      Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                        One of those chumps threw for more yards to Jackson and made Cooper look good. No reason to pay any receiver 10M a year. Waste of money.
                        Banner?
                        "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
                          Banner?
                          That makes you the Littlest Telemarketer.

Comment

If what the offense was missing last year was DeSean's big play ability, I'm taking that Devin Smith kid from OSU.

All the kid does is stretch the field and catch bombs. 24 YPC and 12 TDs on the year.

Comment

Maclin's Value vs Alternatives

I wonder if San Fran will want to move forward with Crabtree?
                              http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/wide-receiver/

SF supposedly also has cap problems.
                              http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...lties-for-2015

I assume Maclin has a bit more speed than Crabtree but is not quite as physical.

Maclin also has the injury history that will be a concern as he ages. How many years do you give to such a player? Maybe as Melchior pointed out, Andy Reed might have something to say about that; however supposedly he doesn't have lots of $ to spend either.
                              http://espn.go.com/blog/kansas-city-...kc-again-in-15

I like Maclin. Besides being a solid receiver he seems to be a good team mate and good mentor for young WRs. I think the latter point was part of the reason DJax got booted.
                              Last edited by Joegrane; 01-15-2015, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X