No announcement yet.

So Sad!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

15 years ago only two guys in the league threw for over 30 TD passes. football was a different game. however, one of those guys was kurt warner for the rams, and i'm sure you would have been enough of a contrarian to dismiss their 99-01 offense as "gimmicky."

you most definitely CAN wait for kelly to hit the road. you're clearly rooting against him just to prove some point. it was only like 6 weeks ago that you started claiming that head coaches didn't just so you could avoid giving kelly praise. now we're out of the playoffs and you're back to saying it's kelly's fault.

were you as big an andy reid fan as you are a kelly hater? if you ever did love this team the andy read area is the only time you could have possibly not spend all of your time bitching, but i have a hard time believing you didn't take joy in making salty internet posts back then too.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
      15 years ago only two guys in the league threw for over 30 TD passes. football was a different game. however, one of those guys was kurt warner for the rams, and i'm sure you would have been enough of a contrarian to dismiss their 99-01 offense as "gimmicky."

Huh? The greatest show on turf was created by our own Dick Vermeil! ... following the passing principles of Sid Gillman. It was the Gillman coaching tree that produced Don Coryell and later Mike Martz. These were solid, proven NFL principles. And he got damn lucky that a former grocery store clerk was actually a hall of fame quarterback.

That's a far cry from the gimmicky high school crap of Chip Kelly.

Comment

would it be impolite to point out that seattle is one game away from punching their ticket to a second consecutive Super Bowl using that gimmick offense?

yup, the coach from the University of Spoiled Children adopted all the tenants of Chip Kellys gimmick offense when he made his triumphant return to the NFL. true story.
        "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

arent you the guy...YES YOU ARE

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
          High School Harry's gimmicky bullshit doesn't even work in college!! I actually feel sorry for you people. You've become so desperate you actually believe in that nonsense. Don't worry too much. He'll bail on you before long and then hopefully someone with real pedigree will pick up the ashes.
          who advocated trading the farm to move up and draft the guy HSH recruited, nurtured and placed into his system? Yeah...that was you...but dont let hypocrisy get in the way of your trolling.
          Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
          May 7, 2010

Comment

And you're on enough of a mission to prove point that you would have dismissed that offense too.

Your schtick is tired. The bored supports Chip Kelly so naturally he's the guy that can ruin the only team you love. Kotite? He couldn't do it. Ray Rhodes in 1998? He was fine. But Chip Kelly...This is the guy setting the team back 10 years(which really should be ok with you, considering the debacle of a season that this team had in 2005 still wasn't enough to destroy your love).

What happened to your pretense that head coaches didn't matter? Did you just throw it out the window asking with such awesome claims as Chris Polk being a better starting RB than LeSean McCoy?

Comment

Ah, Come On La La -- Old School Hasn't Won

I outrank just about everybody on this Board in terms of the number of years of Iggles fanatacism -- I'm not sure if I'm the oldest but I'm up there.

I celebrated in 1960 so I experienced the Eagles being number 1, however -- as the Eagle of Iron has stated -- it's been 54 freakin' YEARS without another such celebration.

In those 54 years every Eagles owner has hired coaches who put their pants on one leg at a time, and with the exception of their little differences in coaching style, they all have followed tradional rules.

Chip Kelly features a no huddle high-speed offense, funny pictures on cue cards, strange arm signals that would make a third base coach blush, etc. and frankly I say, "Why not?" Tradition hasn't work -- try this!

Lighten up, dude and have a glass of white wine for me!!
              "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

Get a clue
                Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
                  Nope KG. No wine. I'm so disgusted that this fraud of a coach has taken over the only team I love. Can't wait for him to hit the road before he causes too much damage that sets the franchise back by a decade. Worst case scenario now is he mortgages the future going after his QB. Roseman was the only person in the building with the balls to stand up to Harry. Lurie is such an idiot.

I'll add that 15 years ago when the core of this board was posting together would have all been outraged if Lurie hired a gimmicky clown of a coach like Kelly. Now he's a desperate savior. And it's sad. I sincerely hope people who should know better come to their senses. To be clear, I'm not the one who changed, the core posters did.
                  Hey Ref do you also post under the nick name Anthony?

Comment

About The Killer?

I have that figured out -- it was the cab driver!

(if you're going to make a statement like that, elaborate so I know why you think I was wrong and to give me something to dispute in return)
                    "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

Here's a hint. It wasn't referring to the no huddle scheme.
                      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

He does not and ever will have a wife, he has boys with benefits!
                        On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Working...
                        X