back on terra firma in da USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
    When I left Madrid recently I and many others on my flight got searched very thoroughly after I went through the primary screening point. This was at the gate. They took everything out of my carry on, made me turn on all electronics, made sure I had a receipt for my bottle of booze, frisked me, etc.

This was just before the stuff that happened in Paris. Makes me think they knew something was up.

Conversely, when leaving JFK going to Madrid I didn't even have to take the liquids out of my carry on or take my shoes off. Just had to take off my belt and go through a metal detector.
    Sounds like they did know something. Coming back to the states from Madrid was a breeze for me. Flying within Europe is even easier, not having to take off your shoes, belt, etc. At a smaller airport like Santander you can arrive like 45 minutes before your flight without stressing.

Comment

food was great

excellent food the whole trip! but good to be home
      Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
      May 7, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
        Sounds like they did know something. Coming back to the states from Madrid was a breeze for me. Flying within Europe is even easier, not having to take off your shoes, belt, etc. At a smaller airport like Santander you can arrive like 45 minutes before your flight without stressing.
        I think wise use of intelligence combined with more thorough targeted and random searches is more effective than the mass screenings anyway. The following story broke just before I left for Madrid. A guy was running firearms on Delta to JFK using an airport worker as an accomplice. The TSA didn't catch him-- they couldn't as the airport workers don't undergo screening every day, just an initial background check.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2054257
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Sorry if I'm a little late but welcome back, Bored Area Icon.

Comment

Thanks!

how about AC knocking off Holy Spirit???
            Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
            May 7, 2010

Comment

Yeah, I saw that. The article in The Press mentioned the AC gym was packed and their gym is pretty large. I gotta check to see how St Augustine's wrestling team fared today as they were in a brutal quad in North Jersey. One of their opponents was Blair Academy which is ranked #1 in the country.

Comment

Working...
              X