MM vs Foles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MM vs Foles

The season before last, Foles had a huge season. One of the best QB RATINGS IN League history. Then Chip decided he didn't think an all pro wide receiver was a good fit for his team. So, Riley Cooper became a starter. The O line was decimated and Foles was destroyed.

MM is faster than Foles...and Brady, Manning, Luck, Rogers, Bree's, and any other QB who has ever won A Super Bowl. (Maybe Wilson gives him a good race) So are RG lll and Michael Vick. MM Ran the ball over 100 times in each of his seasons at OU. It was a large part of his success. Does he have the arm to succeed in the NFL?

There is already a bit of a History for Chip and his player moves and QB drafts. We saw what a GOOD defense can do to MM and the Oregon system a couple of weeks ago. If you want to go ALL IN with Chip.....fine. But this team, offensively, is only a GOOD WR away from being more that good enough to win. Forget giving away the farm to get a QB who could be a bust I in a league where Fresno St isn't on the schedule. Fill in the defensive holes and go for the ring........now.

A lot of fresh takes here. You said a lot that hasn't been said by hundreds of other fans previously. Thanks!

Comment

Level of agreement...100%! I've been saying this for months...need starting CB(1), starting safety (1), and a starting WR(1)...assuming Maclin stays. Add these 3 starters and we're ready to compete right away. QB is not a priority at this time...maybe next year depending on how Foles' 2015 is.

Comment

Interestingly enough, Riley Cooper was also a starting wide receiver in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
          Interestingly enough, Riley Cooper was also a starting wide receiver in 2013.
          And we saw the difference between the years when Jackson was lining up with him and when he wasn't.

Comment

Very good little grasshoppers you are finally

seeing the light.

Comment

Can't argue with you on that, losing Jackson for nothing hurt the team all around.

I'm on the fence about moving up that high for MM, but I am going to trust the Chipper and see what he does with HIS ship..

FA should shed some light on which direction he is going, if he finds a great WR and CB/S in FA, he may make the plunge for MM

Either way it will be an exciting off-season unless all you whining bitches kill this place between now and FA/Draft

Comment

I thought you were talking about Mike McMahon

Comment

Originally posted by CCPete View Post
                  The season before last, Foles had a huge season. One of the best QB RATINGS IN League history. Then Chip decided he didn't think an all pro wide receiver was a good fit for his team. So, Riley Cooper became a starter. The O line was decimated and Foles was destroyed.

MM is faster than Foles...and Brady, Manning, Luck, Rogers, Bree's, and any other QB who has ever won A Super Bowl. (Maybe Wilson gives him a good race) So are RG lll and Michael Vick. MM Ran the ball over 100 times in each of his seasons at OU. It was a large part of his success. Does he have the arm to succeed in the NFL?

There is already a bit of a History for Chip and his player moves and QB drafts. We saw what a GOOD defense can do to MM and the Oregon system a couple of weeks ago. If you want to go ALL IN with Chip.....fine. But this team, offensively, is only a GOOD WR away from being more that good enough to win. Forget giving away the farm to get a QB who could be a bust I in a league where Fresno St isn't on the schedule. Fill in the defensive holes and go for the ring........now.
                  I thought Foles was the QB for the next 100 years ...

Comment

Maybe Chip likes the OTHER Oregon QB in the draft

Mariota beat Bryan Bennett for the starting spot at Oregon. Bennett transferred and had a nice college career running a no-huddle offense. Bennett is also at the Senior Bowl.
                    http://www.csnphilly.com/football-ph...es-senior-bowl

Bennett ...[led] the team in both rushing (1,046 rush yards) and passing (3,165 pass yards). He is a talented athlete with the foot quickness in the pocket to avoid rushers and the elusive scrambling ability to improvise in the blink of an eye with his legs. Although he relies on his athleticism too much at times when he prematurely leaves the pocket, Bennett does a nice job running the option and displays excellent vision, instincts and toughness as a ballcarrier.
                    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/n...-bryan-bennett
                    Does Kelly trust Barkley enough at #2 to draft Bennett for future development and maybe to eventually push Foles? Would Chip prefer to keep Sanchez and cut Barkley?

Some think Bennett will be a late round pick but has his stock increased? Do late round QB prospects get invited to the Senior Bowl?
                    Last edited by Joegrane; 01-22-2015, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X