IGGLEPHANS  

Go Back   IGGLEPHANS > Igglephans Main Board

Unread 05-16-2018, 08:15 AM   #1
DEERSPINE GUY
LEGEND

Default IS THERE ONE PLAYER ON THE SIXERS THAT....

PLAYS WITH THE SAME INTENSITY, SAME GRIT OF ROZIER OR MARCUS SMART OF BAHSTIN?
Unread 05-16-2018, 08:39 AM   #2
McCarthy12

McCarthy12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Joel Embiid. I still don't know what happened in that series but grit and intensity weren't issues for the Sixers this season. They play hard every night.
Unread 05-16-2018, 08:59 AM  
Posted in reply to McCarthy12's post starting "Joel Embiid. I still don't know what..."
DEERSPINE GUY
LEGEND

OK. COOL. THANKS. I SEE SMART AND ROZIER PLAYING WITH SOME SERIOUS ATTITUDE.
Unread 05-16-2018, 09:11 AM  
Posted in reply to McCarthy12's post starting "Joel Embiid. I still don't know what..."
dev_32

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCarthy12 View Post
Joel Embiid. I still don't know what happened in that series but grit and intensity weren't issues for the Sixers this season. They play hard every night.
Bad shooing and chicken choking
dev_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2018, 09:18 AM  
Posted in reply to dev_32's post starting "Bad shooing and chicken choking"
brotherharv

Default Hard, yes

Smart, not so much, in no universe should a 7 foot center be hoisting threes from the top of the key, especially in the late stages of an elimination game
brotherharv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2018, 09:24 AM  
Ellsworth

embiid needs to show up in much better shape at the start of this season. i think his lack of conditioning / stupid ass rest periods were detrimental in the boston series. he looked gassed.
Ellsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2018, 09:29 AM  
Posted in reply to Ellsworth's post starting "embiid needs to show up in much better..."
McCarthy12

McCarthy12 is an unknown quantity at this point

He did looked gassed, but he was the one guy who came to play every night in that series. Still scratching my head over Simmons a bit. I agree that it is time to take the kid gloves off with Embiid.
Unread 05-16-2018, 09:36 AM  
Posted in reply to Ellsworth's post starting "embiid needs to show up in much better..."
Ground_Meat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellsworth View Post
embiid needs to show up in much better shape at the start of this season. i think his lack of conditioning / stupid ass rest periods were detrimental in the boston series. he looked gassed.
Completely agree, but that mask toyed with his head, IMO.
Ground_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2018, 10:06 AM   #9
Sect 236

McConnell. Dario too, that one dumb play where he didn't chase down a loose ball notwithstanding.
Sect 236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2018, 10:12 AM  
Posted in reply to McCarthy12's post starting "He did looked gassed, but he was the..."
Sect 236

Responding to you and Harv at the same time:

Embiid's lack of conditioning is why he would hoist 3s late in games. When you're tired, the thought of banging with Horford or Baynes in the paint may not be as enticing as putting up a 3. This is his first offseason since being drafted where he's going to be (knock on wood) healthy enough to actually work out all summer. The conditioning SHOULD change.

As far as Ben, I think he just got too far inside his own head, as young players can sometimes do. Everything came so easy for him most of the year, especially down the stretch. Boston threw him a curveball and then the fans and media started in on "if he can't shoot he can't be successful" and it all just sort of snowballed.
Unread 05-16-2018, 10:21 AM  
Posted in reply to Sect 236's post starting "Responding to you and Harv at the same..."
slag

slag is an unknown quantity at this point

At the risk of sounding like Dungeon Majesty with a silver lining view ...

I was talking basketball last night with two guys I know who are Boston fans.

One of them said he actually loves Simmons' game ... and then said he thinks it may have been a blessing in disguise that he got somewhat embarrassed with that -64 (or whatever) performance he had.

Said it should give him more incentive to actually work on a jump shot this summer.

Made me nod my head sideways and consider the possibility.
Unread 05-16-2018, 10:25 AM  
Posted in reply to slag's post starting "At the risk of sounding like Dungeon..."
Sect 236

The Sixers have already said they're looking to bring in another shooting coach. They should be offering an OBSCENE amount of money to the Spurs shooting coach Chip Engelland.

Steve Kerr used to trust him when tweaking his shot and he took Kawhi and Tony Parker from "no outside shot" to good to great shooters. Obviously Brown knows him from his days down there too. Get him and lock him in the gym with Ben and Markelle.
Unread 05-16-2018, 10:40 AM  
Posted in reply to Sect 236's post starting "The Sixers have already said they're..."
EaglesphaninMD

EaglesphaninMD is on a distinguished road

Embiid started looking gassed in late March/April. He definitely is not in NBA shape. This should surprise no one. He hasn't had an off season...ever.

Fultz is a bust. Doesn't really want to play NBA. Wants to be an accountant. Heard through the rumor mill--son knows son of an Eagles Doctor who is close with Sixers doctor. Fultz has to be moved.
EaglesphaninMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2018, 10:50 AM   #14
udontknowme

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaglesphaninMD View Post
Embiid started looking gassed in late March/April. He definitely is not in NBA shape. This should surprise no one. He hasn't had an off season...ever.

Fultz is a bust. Doesn't really want to play NBA. Wants to be an accountant. Heard through the rumor mill--son knows son of an Eagles Doctor who is close with Sixers doctor. Fultz has to be moved.

hahahaha. 17 games into his career.

For the record, no one WANTS to be an accountant.
udontknowme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2018, 12:07 PM  
Posted in reply to udontknowme's post starting "hahahaha. 17 games into his career. ..."
desertcogo

Default Fultz

I just don't get all the people already calling Fultz a bust. I thought the kid looked great at the end of the season, especially considering he didn't play all year. The same people were probably ready to write off Nelson Agholor and look how that turned out.
desertcogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2018, 12:36 PM  
Posted in reply to udontknowme's post starting "hahahaha. 17 games into his career. ..."
EaglesphaninMD

EaglesphaninMD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by udontknowme View Post
hahahaha. 17 games into his career.

For the record, no one WANTS to be an accountant.
Just passing on hearsay from a credible source. And, yes, some people want to be accountants.
EaglesphaninMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2018, 01:12 PM   #17
slag

slag is an unknown quantity at this point

No doubt ... my son knows the uncle of a friend's lawn maintenance guy who's married to the sister of the head of accounting for discount farm implements store and he says accounting is much more lucrative and interesting than playing NBA basketball.
Unread 05-16-2018, 07:43 PM  
Posted in reply to slag's post starting "No doubt ... my son knows the uncle of..."
brotherharv

Quote:
Originally Posted by slag View Post
No doubt ... my son knows the uncle of a friend's lawn maintenance guy who's married to the sister of the head of accounting for discount farm implements store and he says accounting is much more lucrative and interesting than playing NBA basketball.
So you know Discount Bob?? His billboards are legendary and his radio ads are catchy...”When your plow is gone and your tractors shot...come to Discount Bob and see what I’ve got”
brotherharv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2018, 10:43 AM  
Posted in reply to McCarthy12's post starting "He did looked gassed, but he was the..."
Ellsworth

they learned a valuable lesson. I (we?) got wrapped up in 'why not this year?' with this team but they didn't know how to win a series like this yet. And, most teams fail before they get over the hump. MJ's bulls vs Bad Boys....Golden State got whipped for a while in postseason before they figured it out...Brad Stevens started out 0-6 in playoffs in Boston.

it's hard to remember facts like that when i'm all wrapped up in the euphoria and feeling we (not they) are a team that will make NBA finals. I never thought we'd win title this year but felt confident they'd make it.
Unread 05-17-2018, 10:46 AM  
Posted in reply to slag's post starting "At the risk of sounding like Dungeon..."
Ellsworth

Ben Simmons should do NOTHING but shoot tens of thousands of 12 footers this offseason.