Consider the source, cataldi and his morning show morons

I No Longer Care How!
CbEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2018, 07:28 AM   #3
DEERSPINE GUY
LEGEND

DON'T LET SOME JACKASS RUIN YOUR HIGH.
Unread 02-21-2018, 07:29 AM  
Posted in reply to CbEagle's post starting "Consider the source, cataldi and his..."
Susquehanna Birder

That, and the fact that this is pure idle speculation from somebody not really informed of the specifics of this case. Yeah, he's a doctor...but he's basically talking out of his ass.
Unread 02-21-2018, 08:27 AM   #5
IronEagle
El-Correctomundo

IronEagle is an unknown quantity at this point

Kelly is a respected surgeon... but a bit of a religious fanatic. I recall him pontificating on CSN when TO got hurt.

Honestly I doubt Wentz will be back at the start of next season. From the description of his injury he hurt a lot more than his ACL.
IronEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2018, 09:09 AM  
Posted in reply to IronEagle's post starting "Kelly is a respected surgeon... but a..."
brotherharv

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronEagle View Post
Kelly is a respected surgeon... but a bit of a religious fanatic. I recall him pontificating on CSN when TO got hurt.

Honestly I doubt Wentz will be back at the start of next season. From the description of his injury he hurt a lot more than his ACL.
I agree. Iíll be stunned and more than a little concerned if Foles isnít under center in Week 1. I remember Randallís injury was week 1 in 91, so he had a full 12 months to rehab, of course advancements in rehab have occurred since then, but still Carson is the face of the franchise, Iím confident BBD and staff dont let him sniff the field before heís ready in their eyes and not just Wentzís
brotherharv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2018, 09:59 AM  
Posted in reply to CbEagle's post starting "Consider the source, cataldi and his..."
Ellsworth

i wouldn't put any stock into what that blowhard dipshit spouts. He's insane. I hate how he is just immediately back into shit stirring about Foles and how he must be traded. what a jagoff. can't we enjoy the F out of this Win before you stir up fake controversy? he'll always be a dirty 30 douchebag.

I was concerned because it was an interview with one of the lead Dr's at the Novacare center. granted, you can interview 10 different docs and get 11 different opinions but it's never good to hear shit like Bob Griffin and 'brace forever likely' kind of talk.

Last edited by Ellsworth; 02-21-2018 at 10:00 AM.
Ellsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2018, 10:02 AM  
Posted in reply to IronEagle's post starting "Kelly is a respected surgeon... but a..."
Ellsworth

i doubt it too. i bet he comes back mid october. he is really putting me in a tough situation in my keeper fantasy football league! he needs to consider the commitment i made to him and rush back on the field by week 2 at the latest. i need him.

Last edited by Ellsworth; 02-21-2018 at 10:02 AM.
Ellsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2018, 10:10 AM  
Posted in reply to Ellsworth's post starting "i wouldn't put any stock into what that..."
brotherharv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellsworth View Post
i wouldn't put any stock into what that blowhard dipshit spouts. He's insane. I hate how he is just immediately back into shit stirring about Foles and how he must be traded. what a jagoff. can't we enjoy the F out of this Win before you stir up fake controversy? he'll always be a dirty 30 douchebag.

I was concerned because it was an interview with one of the lead Dr's at the Novacare center. granted, you can interview 10 different docs and get 11 different opinions but it's never good to hear shit like Bob Griffin and 'brace forever likely' kind of talk.
Good Lord the Dirty 30, thatís a name I havenít heard in years, what a bunch of complete and utter jackasses.
brotherharv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2018, 10:53 AM   #10
Spartan92

Quote:
Originally Posted by brotherharv View Post
I agree. Iíll be stunned and more than a little concerned if Foles isnít under center in Week 1. I remember Randallís injury was week 1 in 91, so he had a full 12 months to rehab, of course advancements in rehab have occurred since then, but still Carson is the face of the franchise, Iím confident BBD and staff dont let him sniff the field before heís ready in their eyes and not just Wentzís
I think i don't care what we are offered for Foles, he stays period! Not a better insurance policy out there at back up QB. We have a starting caliber QB as a back up who is a Super Bowl MVP! Keep the bastard and erect his statue already lol. Nobody knows what Wentz will look like when he returns or what the true timeline is. Don't rush the kid back we need him for 10+ years let him fully heal we have Foles if he walks next year and we get nothing so be it we still have or franchise QB and we don't miss a beat this year this is just my take. So i agree with you brother
Spartan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2018, 12:07 PM   #11
Raptor

Raptor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default You know what is amazing....

....Philly has some of the thirstiest, news craven, passionate fans, a helluva of sports following yet, they have some of the shittiest and insufferable sports shows.

Talk about a change and ending a drought.....
Unread 02-21-2018, 12:25 PM   #12
Anthony

Anthony is an unknown quantity at this point

This has gone viral now. One doctor's opinion that didn't even see Carson at all.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2018, 01:40 PM  
Posted in reply to Anthony's post starting "This has gone viral now. One doctor's..."
The Duck

Arenít most ACL tears accompanied by other ligament damage? I know AP was an ACL and an MCL. Seems like thatís par for the course with knee injuries.

Regardless, this doctor had a major attention whore vibe about him. Tough to take him too seriously.
The Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2018, 01:43 PM   #14
McCarthy12

McCarthy12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Whether he is legit or not, it's a good thing we have a world champion backup quarterback!
McCarthy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2018, 06:25 PM  
nerd

nerd is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

From what was reported, it was a torn ACL and LCL. The LCL is sewn back together to promote healing and the ACL takes time. That profootball doc said that wentz could be back week one but he won't be back to normal wentz (mobility) for a bit.

The bigger concern is tearing the other ACL because his walk is affected.
Unread 02-21-2018, 06:52 PM  
Posted in reply to nerd's post starting "From what was reported, it was a torn..."
IronEagle
El-Correctomundo

IronEagle is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd View Post
From what was reported, it was a torn ACL and LCL. The LCL is sewn back together to promote healing and the ACL takes time. That profootball doc said that wentz could be back week one but he won't be back to normal wentz (mobility) for a bit.

The bigger concern is tearing the other ACL because his walk is affected.
Ad Duck noted, most often when a player tears their ACL, the MCL is the other ligament that is damaged and that ligament usually heals on its own without surgical repair. There has been some controversy about whether a surgeon should repair a torn MCL strictly for the purpose of protecting an ACL graft.

ACL-LCL combined injuries are less common and I suspect more severe.
IronEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2018, 07:08 PM  
Posted in reply to IronEagle's post starting "Ad Duck noted, most often when a player..."
nerd

nerd is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Ad Duck noted, most often when a player tears their ACL, the MCL is the other ligament that is damaged and that ligament usually heals on its own without surgical repair. There has been some controversy about whether a surgeon should repair a torn MCL strictly for the purpose of protecting an ACL graft.

ACL-LCL combined injuries are less common and I suspect more severe.
More severe, but that football doc didn't fear-monger like this guy. Said he can come back as a pocket qb at the start of the season and then be back to a mobile qb towards mid to end of season.

He also said that a brace would be highly-likely but should not hinder wentz.
Unread 02-21-2018, 08:37 PM  
Posted in reply to nerd's post starting "More severe, but that football doc..."
The Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd View Post
More severe, but that football doc didn't fear-monger like this guy. Said he can come back as a pocket qb at the start of the season and then be back to a mobile qb towards mid to end of season.

He also said that a brace would be highly-likely but should not hinder wentz.
And it's not like we're talking about a running quarterback here. He wasn't on pace for a thousand yards on the ground like Griffin was. He doesn't have to be *made* into a pocket passer, he already is a damn good 40+ TD passer. He's naturally going to get better and smarter at that with time and experience (scary thought).

Even those Houdini plays (like the first one to Nelson against Washington) are more the product of instinct and strength than speed... he's still going to have those traits, he's still going to make guys miss and get the ball downfield. It's not like he's going to be a statue back there waiting for guys to put a helmet on his wounded knee. He's just going to chill with the scrambles for a while... which might hurt on a third down here and there, but even there, Carson did the vast majority of his damage in the air.

When I look at recent history with QBs and late season ACL injuries (every one of the last nine were under center on opening day), and I consider the patient we're talking about, I'm really not all that concerned.
Unread 02-21-2018, 09:12 PM  
Posted in reply to Ellsworth's post starting "i wouldn't put any stock into what that..."
The Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellsworth View Post

Bringing up Griffin is totally irresponsible, he did it for shock value. Griffin had already torn that same ACL three years prior and already injured his LCL a few weeks before he tore the ACL against Seattle. He looked like Smash Williams in Friday Night Lights out there in the game, he clearly had no business being on a football field. Plus, RGIII was a running quarterback in the truest sense. For him, the running made everything else work. He was never half the passer that Carson is now.

Stupid, wholly invalid comparison. As soon as the doctor mentioned RGIII, he lost all credibility.
Unread 02-22-2018, 06:58 AM  
Posted in reply to The Duck's post starting "Bringing up Griffin is totally..."
CbEagle

Well he got his 15 minutes of fame cause other sports news outlets are kinda reporting as factwhat he said.

I No Longer Care How!
CbEagle is offline   Reply With Quote