From Kempski: Kelce could be waived or traded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
    I agree that he's probably gone. They seem to love Seumalo and they like Barbre at OG. I just think a OL needy team would trade for his contract. He's a decent Center and you can scheme around his weaknesses.

Now, it's probably a 6th round pick, but hey. It's something.
    I think Barbre is a stopgap G and they know that. Upgrading at LG and making him a backup would satisfy multiple needs...

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
      He can't play at a high level anymore. For a team up against the cap both he and Barwin are as good as gone.
      Barwin will restructure.

Comment

I think they'd like to eventually draft another starting quality G, but I wouldn't be surprised if Barbre is here another year or two. They seem to like him over Wis.
        "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

He will want to but he's a HORRERRIBLE fit in a 4-3 wide 9. He gets eaten alive by LT's.

He's not tradable with his contract or hit. Damn shame but they'll have to release him and watch him sign with a 3-4 team and likely have a couplemsolid years.

Wish BArwin nothing but the best. He's been a great eagle and member of the community.

Comment

Barbre can play everywhere

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
            I think they'd like to eventually draft another starting quality G, but I wouldn't be surprised if Barbre is here another year or two. They seem to like him over Wis.
            Seems like a team guy with a lot of flexibility. Kinda reminds me of Artis Hicks as a jack-of-all-trades, master of none.

Comment

agreed

He will want to but he's a HORRERRIBLE fit in a 4-3 wide 9. He gets eaten alive by LT's.

He's not tradable with his contract or hit. Damn shame but they'll have to release him and watch him sign with a 3-4 team and likely have a couplemsolid years.

Wish BArwin nothing but the best. He's been a great eagle and member of the community.
              He hasn't lived up to the contract extension he got a few years ago and I think he understands that; If he's willing to take a major pay cut and a reduced role it wouldn't hurt to keep around one of the leaders of the team.

On a side note, where was Vinny Curry this season?

Comment

He can't take a big enough pay cut to make him worth keeping in this system.

I think he's still tradable, but the $$$ makes his trade value negligible.

Comment

Originally posted by ishimonster View Post
                  He hasn't lived up to the contract extension he got a few years ago and I think he understands that; If he's willing to take a major pay cut and a reduced role it wouldn't hurt to keep around one of the leaders of the team.

On a side note, where was Vinny Curry this season?
                  That contract was stupid...

Comment

Went right to reply. You do not, repeat do not get rid of one of the few centers in the NFL that can get up and pull like a guard. Mic drop

Comment

Guaranteed

Originally posted by ishimonster View Post
                      Barwin will restructure.
                      He is gone. Sucks and is too expensive

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                        He is gone. Sucks and is too expensive
                        I agree. He won't restructure. I like him, but he won't be in Philly next season. I'm

Comment

Honestly feel like Eagles need to draft two OL in this draft. Chump never drafting OL really burned the depth. Barbre is solid but he is 33 and has major hamstring issues and his legs could go shot soon. As much as Kelce stinks and I want gone, you cannot just cut him. Isaac has taken zero game reps at center. As much as it stinks to pay Kelce, this team is already lacking depth up front and will get worse if they cut him. Have a competition between Kelce and Isaac. Draft two OLinemen
                          Last edited by phillyeagles36; 01-18-2017, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly Pat View Post
                            Went right to reply. You do not, repeat do not get rid of one of the few centers in the NFL that can get up and pull like a guard. Mic drop
                            What if they're also one of the few centers in the league that still gets mauled while double teaming DTs, though?
                            Last edited by Melchior; 01-18-2017, 02:22 PM.
                            "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Working...
                            X