Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If President Trump is successful

Originally posted by 91EaglesD View Post
    A lot of you are on watch. The rest of you enjoy!
    then the country is successful. He's sort of like Ray Rhodes, in my view. About both of them, I thought/think: Maybe his routine will work but I sure wouldn't want to spend any time with him.

In any event, he says he's pretty smart. But maybe, like McCarthy says above, we're not supposed to believe him on that. But when are we supposed to take him literally and seriously instead of seriously but not literally? How do we tell when it's real and when it's Memorex? When are foreign leaders, for example, supposed to believe him and when are they not? Seems like there will be a shakedown period in diplomacy, particularly when he tweets one thing that the State Department might be doing something else. Hope it works.

1) Renewables

"I know more about renewables than any human being on Earth." — April 2016

2) Social media

"I understand social media. I understand the power of Twitter. I understand the power of Facebook maybe better than almost anybody, based on my results, right?" — November 2015

3) Debt

"Nobody knows more about debt. I'm like the king. I love debt." — May 2016

4) Taxes, again

"I think nobody knows more about taxes than I do, maybe in the history of the world. Nobody knows more about taxes." — May 2016

"Nobody knows more about taxes than I do -- and income than I do.” -- May 2016

5) Banking

"Nobody knows banking better than I do" — February 2016

6) Wall Street bankers

MATT LAUER: You're a guy who said you know the Wall Street bankers better than anyone.

TRUMP: Better than anyone.

— April 2016 on NBC's "Today" show

7) Money

"I understand money better than anybody. I understand it far better than Hillary, and I'm way up on the economy when it comes to questions on the economy." — June 2016

8) The U.S. system of government

"I think nobody knows the system better than I do." — August 2016

"I am a person that used to be establishment when I'd give them hundreds of thousands of dollars. But when I decided to run, I became very anti-establishment, because I understand the system than anybody else." — July 2016

"Nobody knows the system better than I do." — April 2016

9) Campaign contributions

"I used to be, George, the fair-haired boy — you know, when I was a contributor. I know more about contributions than anybody." — November 2015

10) Politicians

"Nobody knows politicians better than Donald Trump." — February 2016 rally

11) Sen. Cory Booker

(We're putting this on the list assuming that nobody ELSE knows more about Booker than Booker, which would make Trump the world's foremost non-Cory Booker expert on Cory Booker.)

12) Trade

"Nobody knows more about trade than me." — March 2016

13) Jobs

14) Infrastructure

"Nobody in the history of this country has ever known so much about infrastructure as Donald Trump." — July 2016

15) The military

"There's nobody bigger or better at the military than I am." — June 2015 Fox News interview

16) ISIS

"I know more about ISIS [the Islamic State militant group] than the generals do. Believe me." — November 2015

17) Defense — and offense

a general gets on, sent obviously by Obama, and he said, 'Mr. Trump doesn't understand. He knows nothing about defense.' I know more about offense and defense than they will ever understand, believe me. Believe me. Than they will ever understand. Than they will ever understand." — July 2016

18) The 'horror of nuclear'

"There is nobody who understands the horror of nuclear more than me." -- June 2016

19) The visa system

"Because nobody knows the system better than me. I know the H1B. I know the H2B. Nobody knows it better than me." -- March 2016
    DB

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
      president Pence is sworn in
      Trent you get to stay, you're the man and Trump knows it
      I'm not the hill you want to die on

Comment

We were Facenut friends for a brief moment and it was NON stop BS from the guy.

I asked him a simple question that was all

Comment

I am hoping that he is a successful president. For him to fail at this is bad for everyone not just Americans. Let time and his actions judge him.
          Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

McCarthy that is not true man. Just like there are extreme democrats there our extreme republicans. There were a TON of folks eating up this wall shit like it was actually going to happen.

Look, I want Trump to be successful because I do not believe in schadenfreude so I am not going to root for our POTUS to fail because that means our country fails. I survived Bush's administration while in the f'in Army, I can survive this guy.

Hell I have liked how he has smacked around Congress already, those f'in worthless bastards. What I don't care for is his twitter vomiting of the mouth and how sensitive he is, he is just not very Presidential, but I WILL, and have no choice but to, root for his success.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Little View Post
              We were Facenut friends for a brief moment and it was NON stop BS from the guy.

I asked him a simple question that was all
              When were we friends on there? You might have me confused. I've never posted on there. Hardly use it. Definitely not political

Comment

Fair enough and thank you for your service. I think this is the right attitude to have. As for 91ED, I can only speak for myself but I'm pretty sure he doesn't really believe Trump is watching this message board waiting throw out beta posters.

Comment

Sure, there are crazy right wing folks out there, but that's not the majority. I think the narrative that Trump won because a ton of crazy, white racists showed up is just false.

Democrats ran a flawed candidate, who, in turn, ran a flawed campaign and people who voted for Obama didn't show up for her. That's pretty much it.
                  "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Oh no you nailed it man, the dems f'd themselves, the corporate machine wanted Clinton that is undeniable.

Not all Trump supports are racist, just as not all Obama supporters were lazy and on welfare.

I am SO over the Blue vs Red shit

Comment

Man it was at least 6 months - a year ago. Honestly if I have you pegged wrong then my bad man. I look forward to meeting you at the Gayte next year, I am definitely making it been too long.

I truly hope your guy is successful

Comment

Thank you sir

Haha no doubt! He will be too busy smacking Congress around. He needs to whip them in to shape

Comment

Me too. Politics is indistinguishable from sports in this country right now.
                          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by Big Little View Post
                            Man it was at least 6 months - a year ago. Honestly if I have you pegged wrong then my bad man. I look forward to meeting you at the Gayte next year, I am definitely making it been too long.

I truly hope your guy is successful
                            Nah you made a BS story up to pad your story hoping it was true.

Oh wait nah, I will correct myself. Sometimes my spoiled ass posts about my 5013C I founded with some friends in honor of my best friend that was a marine recon scout sniper that died in Iraq. I post about the events we do to raise money for the Travis Manion Foundation and other organizations that support fallen service members families.

Thank you for your service, otherwise

Comment

I have zero time to make up a BS story dude

Very noble of you to set up that foundation!

Comment

You must have moved some things around in your schedule this morning.

You literally just lied and said I was posting all the time on Facebook

"NON stop BS from this guy" why did you make that up?

Comment

Working...
                                X