Irsay "suspension"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irsay "suspension"

what exactly does this prove? Making him stay away from the stadium, practice facility for six weeks? HARSH!

Maybe they should dock him a first round pick instead.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Jimmy jail
    John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
      what exactly does this prove? Making him stay away from the stadium, practice facility for six weeks? HARSH!

Maybe they should dock him a first round pick instead.
      I don't know how yet, but I'm 100% sure the liberal media is behind this.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
        I don't know how yet, but I'm 100% sure the liberal media is behind this.

Of course they are, it's the same as a spoiled child getting a "timeout" rather than a smack on the ass! lol

Comment

yeah i don't know how you suspend an owner. the biggest loss for him is probably his use of social media - mount irsay will no longer erupt during the season.

however, docking him a first round pick would result in the consequence being borne by people who didn't commit the action, even more so than usual.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
            yeah i don't know how you suspend an owner. the biggest loss for him is probably his use of social media - mount irsay will no longer erupt during the season.

however, docking him a first round pick would result in the consequence being borne by people who didn't commit the action, even more so than usual.
            Using that argument, how can any player be suspended from the team if he commits some transgression? How can a coach be suspended?

That's part of the deterrent - bad behavior is not just hurting the person at fault but others as well.

A somewhat extreme analog would be if someone is convicted of a crime and by going to jail, they lose their job and their family's source of income. Should that person therefore not be punished because of the burden it places on others?

I'm not saying a 1st round pick is an appropriate penalty, but the idea of the overall team being hurt/punished due to the owner's actions makes sense to be because it's the owner's team and responsibility. Honestly, what does the fine or "suspension" do to deter his behavior?
            --
            Your Retarded

Comment

Working...
            X