No announcement yet.

What if Foles looks like sh*t vs. Indy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What troubles me is that it wasn't an "off" day as far as his accuracy was concerned (that was suspect). The fact that guys were streaking free in the secondary and Foles couldn't pull the trigger is what scares me.
    Last edited by Greenstealth; 09-11-2014, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Yep. He played well enough in the second half to score points and win obviously, but even then his throws weren't often that great. Hopefully it was mostly just rust (and, as others have noted, the zone defense he wasn't used to seeing.)

Comment

That troubled me too but in listening to some analysts they seemed to think that the scheme had him feeling unsure of himself which would be somewhat understandable given his relative inexperience. Don't get me wrong, I didn't feel good about it but with some tome to reflect I'm kind of over it.
        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Seriously. Grow a pair already, IG.

Comment

Like Tom Brady last week?
            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

And the first SB against the Giants. Exhibit A on how pressure makes even the best qb look bad.
              "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I wouldn't be worried

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
                You could look at this as a difficult game for the Eagles regardless of Nick's performance. But what if he throws in a complete stinker for four quarters like last wee's first two?

I say...the kid is still basically a rook and still hasn't played a full season's worth of games as the starter, and overall he has looked very good when he is able to get the ball out of his hand. I like QBs who were previously basketball-oriented. He's big and he throws a nice ball.

However, in the short term there are going to be stretches like this and we all want to win now. The whole offense and Chip heard the boos. What say you if Foles looks like dogsh*t?
                until I saw a pattern of shitiness. One game is just that. One game.
                The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

I'll pull an Anthony and go all mental on this board

Until someone calls me a whiney b*tch. I will then proceed to go on an extended hiGAYtus because my feelings will be hurt.

Comment

Didn't someone tell Anthony

Originally posted by Two Gap Penetrator View Post
                    Until someone calls me a whiney b*tch. I will then proceed to go on an extended hiGAYtus because my feelings will be hurt.
                    To kill himself during his last temper tantrum?

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
                      You could look at this as a difficult game for the Eagles regardless of Nick's performance. But what if he throws in a complete stinker for four quarters like last wee's first two?

I say...the kid is still basically a rook and still hasn't played a full season's worth of games as the starter, and overall he has looked very good when he is able to get the ball out of his hand. I like QBs who were previously basketball-oriented. He's big and he throws a nice ball.

However, in the short term there are going to be stretches like this and we all want to win now. The whole offense and Chip heard the boos. What say you if Foles looks like dogsh*t?
                      Foles looked fine in game 1 2nd half, but in the first half if Jason Peters could block it would not have been that bad. The INT is his fault and holding the ball a bit to long, but remember the Dallas game last year and what he did afterward. Nick is going to be fine.

Comment

Really? Cause the game I watched, pressure made the worst qb a sb mvp
                        Last edited by Greenstealth; 09-11-2014, 06:28 PM.

Comment

It would definitely be cause for concern if Foles held onto the ball forever like he did last week. Off the top of my head he looked afraid to pull the trigger against GB, AZ, MINN, DAL, and NO last season. If he does it again on Monday that would put roughly two thirds of his starts 2013-2014 in that category. I really don't think you can pull the "well he played poorly and they still won" excuse. I remember people tried that with Vick when he went turnover crazy in 2012. A bad performance never guarantees a better performance. I also think we know what Foles's ceiling looks like and that he isn't guaranteed to play better as his career goes on.

I don't expect Foles to perform poorly this Monday. An extra day of preparation and a game under the bright lights against a soft defense. This team is going to go off. 500 yards of total offense.

Comment

QUIT WHINING

geigh
                            "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

hahahahaha!

BWAH!

Glad youre OK. Broken ribs are no fun. Only hurt when you move, breathe or laugh.
                              Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
                              May 7, 2010

Comment

Working...
                              X