No announcement yet.

What if Foles looks like sh*t vs. Indy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if Foles looks like sh*t vs. Indy?

You could look at this as a difficult game for the Eagles regardless of Nick's performance. But what if he throws in a complete stinker for four quarters like last wee's first two?

I say...the kid is still basically a rook and still hasn't played a full season's worth of games as the starter, and overall he has looked very good when he is able to get the ball out of his hand. I like QBs who were previously basketball-oriented. He's big and he throws a nice ball.

However, in the short term there are going to be stretches like this and we all want to win now. The whole offense and Chip heard the boos. What say you if Foles looks like dogsh*t?
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

If he looks like sh*t against Indy

We're gonna start hearing a lot about Bobby Hoying
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Its his second year

and 1st year as a starter...we could have gone 6-10 last year and had Moderate expectations for this season,,Instead we all have the expectations of a Div Title,,ect ect..

I think Nick will show some improvement...just like he did in the preseason games...and Like I said to the old man this morning....Luck can not tackle D Sproles or cover Maclin or properly field a punt....its going to be a tough game,,but it's certainly winnable......think Nick will play better, and no matter what; U have to leave him out there and trust the System. Let the Kid grow.
      OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
      "BFTR"

Comment

What if a meteor lands in your back yard and vaporizes your house ?

Life is short, quit borrowing trouble and follow your dreams Elvis :D

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
          You could look at this as a difficult game for the Eagles regardless of Nick's performance. But what if he throws in a complete stinker for four quarters like last wee's first two?

I say...the kid is still basically a rook and still hasn't played a full season's worth of games as the starter, and overall he has looked very good when he is able to get the ball out of his hand. I like QBs who were previously basketball-oriented. He's big and he throws a nice ball.

However, in the short term there are going to be stretches like this and we all want to win now. The whole offense and Chip heard the boos. What say you if Foles looks like dogsh*t?
          IMO very few (if any) teams put together 4 full good looking quarters. Maybe a result of the CBA limiting live reps and hitting in practice?

Either way, I will stay on the Chip-wagon and trust he will do what's best for the team.
          I'm not the hill you want to die on

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post

It doesn't matter. This team needs to know if they have a franchise QB in Nick Foles or not. Mark Sanchez is not the answer for the future. Chip and Co will play Foles regardless of his performance and they will see what they have at the end of the season. With that being said, I think Foles will get it together and have a good season. I think with the injuries to Cooper and Maclin this Training camp set them back a bit and now Foles has to regain his rapport with both receivers.
            Last edited by SCREAMIN EAGLE; 09-11-2014, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMIN EAGLE View Post
              It doesn't matter. This team needs to know if they have a franchise QB in Nick Foles or not. Mark Sanchez is not the answer for the future. Chip and Co will play Foles regardless of his performance and they will see what they have at the end of the season. With that being said, I think Foles will get it together and have a good season. I think with the injuries to Cooper and Maclin this Training camp set them back a bit and now Foles has to regain his rapport with both receivers.

Good point, this team probably relies on rhythm and tempo as much or more than most other teams. I think that was an overlooked part of the slow start last year (aside from it being a new coach system etc.).

I think/hope they will only improve as a team as the year goes on, I don't think it is just about Foles.

Comment

Originally posted by 91EaglesD View Post
                IMO very few (if any) teams put together 4 full good looking quarters. Maybe a result of the CBA limiting live reps and hitting in practice?

Either way, I will stay on the Chip-wagon and trust he will do what's best for the team.
                I think it was more how bad he looked. Not getting rid of the ball time and time again made him look as if he never played QB a day in his life.

Comment

I'll start to get worried at that point, but no reason to change QBs or anything. This is a huge game for Indianapolis, bigger than it is for Philly. Indy's a good team, great at home, an 0-2 start would be a disaster for them and I never underestimate the team with their backs against the wall, and the Eagles O Line could very well be terrible. These are tough conditions for any QB to thrive in.

Kempski had a nice write up the other day about the matchups, which favor the Eagles more than I thought they would, so hopefully we won't see the total meltdown we saw last week in the first half. But if Foles is downright rotten again, I'll definitely be concerned.

Comment

FFF!!!!

Fire Fucking Foles !!!

No, not really, just wanted to type FFF again.

The kid is a rook I agree, pressure is going to come due to last year's success and we have seen him on the roster for a 3rd year which erodes his status of being new as a starter.
                    "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

You had me thinking I was crazy - it's his third year.

Comment

He hadn't played against that type of zone all off season. I think that is important to remember. At the end of the day he struggled through and they won by 17. I don't think it's quite time to be scared yet. I think he'll bounce back. He has in the past.
                        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                          He hadn't played against that type of zone all off season. I think that is important to remember. At the end of the day he struggled through and they won by 17. I don't think it's quite time to be scared yet. I think he'll bounce back. He has in the past.
                          I'm mainly worried about the o-line. They have pretty much NO continuity there right now. It may make it more difficult for him to bounce back.
                          --------
                          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

reality is its his second year starting

Originally posted by Sugar12 View Post
                            You had me thinking I was crazy - it's his third year.
                            and its the 1st year "He's the Guy"...I don't count Andy's last season,,the whole Scheme is so Diff.
                            Last edited by TRENT; 09-11-2014, 12:20 PM.
                            OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                            "BFTR"

Comment

Totally agree. If tne line falls apart and he constantly has guys in his face, all bets are off.
                              "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Working...
                              X