winning games you aren't supposed to win

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winning games you aren't supposed to win

I had that game pencil'd in as a loss when I tried to project our record when the schedule came out. Great teams find a way to win a game like that. Not saying the Eagles are a great team, but it's a great sign coming out of there with a W and being 2-0...when we still aren't hitting on all cylinders,

That's right, I said WE.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Absolutely! Coming from behind and beating a good team in prime time is pretty awesome. They didn't have a game like this under their belts when they lost to the Saints.
    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
      Absolutely! Coming from behind and beating a good team in prime time is pretty awesome. They didn't have a game like this under their belts when they lost to the Saints.
      I'm sick of such talk. They did a nice job of getting the score tied in the second half although they needed help from the huge pass in interference in the end zone. The way Cooper has been playing do you really think he catches that ball?

Without the blown calls by the refs they would have lost a close one in a tough road venue to a playoff caliber team. Everyone would be talking about how great Luck is. Most of us penciled the game in as a loss so we would not be very disappointed.

It is nice that they have the guts and talent to come back, but they still have problems, including two backup O linemen, a weak pass rush, questionable receivers and a QB who has clearly regressed.

Comment

Maybe not a great team, but someone out here asked me OUR odds of winning the SB. At first I said they were slim, then I put them at 10% which is relatively high. I'd say the only NFC team that's been more impressive through two weeks is Carolina.
        Last edited by art vandelay; 09-17-2014, 02:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Joegrane View Post
          I'm sick of such talk. They did a nice job of getting the score tied in the second half although they needed help from the huge pass in interference in the end zone. The way Cooper has been playing do you really think he catches that ball?

Without the blown calls by the refs they would have lost a close one in a tough road venue to a playoff caliber team. Everyone would be talking about how great Luck is. Most of us penciled the game in as a loss so we would not be very disappointed.

It is nice that they have the guts and talent to come back, but they still have problems, including two backup O linemen, a weak pass rush, questionable receivers and a QB who has clearly regressed.
          I loved how all night they were talking about Luck as the King of the Comeback, and Foles stole one in his own backyard.

Comment

The game didn't tie itself.

The ball didn't move itself down the field after the interception you call a luck out.

I'm sick of people who don't realize that there is a difference between a team that takes advantage of a break and one that shits the bed when it gets one.
            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

PS - the original poster, and I'd venture to say everyone else here, recognizes the Eagles' warts.
              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Chip obviously has a deal with the devil. Works for me.
                Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

bedding blondes in mortal sin

Sounds like a country and western song
                  John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Working...
                  X