IGGLEPHANS  

Go Back   IGGLEPHANS > Igglephans Main Board

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-21-2017, 06:52 AM   #1
Ellsworth
 
Ellsworth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: City of Oaks
Posts:
Ellsworth
Default I get douche chills when I read shit like this

One thing I know -- when we make a pick at 14, with the way our board looks right now, we're going to all be high-fiving then, and very excited about that pick," Roseman said.
Ellsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2017, 09:13 AM   #2
Irish George
 
Irish George's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Great White Sand, South Jersey Shore, NJ
Posts:
Irish George is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nauseating

Advance self-congratulations are never a good thing.
__________________
Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
May 7, 2010




Irish George is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2017, 10:08 AM   #3
Pete
 
Pete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: .
Posts:
Pete
Default Do this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellsworth View Post
One thing I know -- when we make a pick at 14, with the way our board looks right now, we're going to all be high-fiving then, and very excited about that pick," Roseman said.
Mentally picture Howie's voice while reading this. It's muuuuuch better.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2017, 12:26 PM  
Posted in reply to Irish George's post "Nauseating"
#4
Ground_Meat
 
Ground_Meat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: .
Posts:
Ground_Meat
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish George View Post
Advance self-congratulations are never a good thing.
Only Howie...what kind of GM makes statements like this??
Ground_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2017, 12:39 PM  
Posted in reply to Ground_Meat's post starting "Only Howie...what kind of GM makes..."
#5
phillyeagles36
 
phillyeagles36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts:
phillyeagles36 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground_Meat View Post
Only Howie...what kind of GM makes statements like this??
To be fair, Howie has done plenty of good since taking over the mess that Chip left. Obviously, Howie has had plenty of question marks in the past (as do a lot of GM's) but he has done a solid job reshaping this roster after the fucking abomination that Chip Kelly did to this franchise. Chip is the main one to blame with all of this.
phillyeagles36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2017, 12:45 PM  
Posted in reply to Ground_Meat's post starting "Only Howie...what kind of GM makes..."
#6
Ellsworth
 
Ellsworth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: City of Oaks
Posts:
Ellsworth
Default

Ones that other GM's love taking advantage of more often than not.

"We took this guy because we called around and other teams were definitely high on him and he wouldn't have been there a round later."

Guarantee we hear him say that about this year's head scratcher.
Ellsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2017, 03:19 PM   #7
The Duck
 
The Duck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ...In a dry and waterless place.
Posts:
The Duck is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyeagles36 View Post
To be fair, Howie has done plenty of good since taking over the mess that Chip left. Obviously, Howie has had plenty of question marks in the past (as do a lot of GM's) but he has done a solid job reshaping this roster after the fucking abomination that Chip Kelly did to this franchise. Chip is the main one to blame with all of this.
His drafts have gotten progressively better since he took over. Take out the two Chip seasons, and he's really shown something.

The 2016 draft, knowing as much as we can know after one full year, is an extremely promising move in the right direction. Three starters (Carson, Suemalo, Mills), and two quality depth players (Vaitai, Smallwood), really good value in the later rounds, and an aggressive series of trades all the way up for a franchise QB ... not to mention a pretty good read on the 2017 QB class that necessitated the move. That's with no second round pick and two players lost for the season in camp (Walker and McCallister) who could still turn into contributors.

I think he had the board set better than he ever has before and he stuck to it. There's decent reason to believe he's getting the hang of this thing. Almost losing his dream job seems to have brought out the best in him.
The Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2017, 12:59 AM  
Posted in reply to The Duck's post starting "His drafts have gotten progressively..."
#8
ishimonster
 
ishimonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Seattle
Posts:
ishimonster is on a distinguished road
Default Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duck View Post
I think he had the board set better than he ever has before and he stuck to it. There's decent reason to believe he's getting the hang of this thing. Almost losing his dream job seems to have brought out the best in him.
I think he finally humbled himself and started relying more on actual "football guys'" knowledge.
ishimonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:49 AM.


Post Contents are owned by the posters. Use the "Contact Us" link to contact us for administrative issues. Original Artwork and other content copyright 2000-2007 by Raptor (mostly) and/or IGGLEPHANS