No announcement yet.

Eagles vs Giants "the comeback"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that is the most painful regular season game i've ever watched, and i don't see how it could ever be topped. the fumble that was recovered for a TD, amani toomer looking like it was 2001, westbrook's fumble, trotter's INT somehow not sealing the game, sacking eli 7-8 times and losing. unreal.

Comment

That was beautiful.
      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

1989--49ers at Eagles--the Eagles wreak havoc on Joe Montana, sacking him 8 times and bolting out to a 28-17 lead after 3 qtrs. Then the roof caved in the 4th and the 49ers socred 21 unanswered.

1985--And I was at the Vet for this one. Eagles lead the Vikings 23-0 into the 4th quarter. Vikes score 28 unanswered points in the 4th. Jaws had the Birds at the Viking 20 with a 1st down and couldn't get the ball to a reciever in the end zone.

Comment

Hilarious

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
          Yeah, I've told this story on here before, but I used to go to this soccer camp run by English players back in the day (when I was in grade school) and I was obsessed with this one instructor. I think I asked him what I had to do to be like him and he said "buy a Clash album and root for Arsenal." So, I had my mom take me to the mall to buy a Clash cassette and I've been an Arsenal fan since. I used to be really into EPL and then kind of stopped following for some time. Got back into it the last 2 or 3 years. Makes it easier that all the games are on now.
          I've been an Arsenal fan since HS when our intramural teams all had PL names. I was on Arsenal for three years in HS.
          DB

Comment

When I was living in Ireland, Arsenal played Liverpool in the FA Cup Final. It was my last week there and I bet this Irish kid I had made friends with, who was a Liverpool fan, all the money I had left to my name that Arsenal would win. Michael Owen scored two goals in like a 5 minute stretch, late in the second half, and Liverpool won 2-1. I had to walk my sorry ass 2 miles to the campus bookstore where he worked to fork all my loot over. I was only there for another week, but I barely had enough money to get to the airport to go back to the US. Pathetic.

Comment

I blocked that one out of my memory

When I was living in Ireland, Arsenal played Liverpool in the FA Cup Final. It was my last week there and I bet this Irish kid I had made friends with, who was a Liverpool fan, all the money I had left to my name that Arsenal would win. Michael Owen scored two goals in like a 5 minute stretch, late in the second half, and Liverpool won 2-1. I had to walk my sorry ass 2 miles to the campus bookstore where he worked to fork all my loot over. I was only there for another week, but I barely had enough money to get to the airport to go back to the US. Pathetic.
              I have to say, I'm not sure there are many combos of fans of Arsenal, Eagles, and IU basketball. Glad we differ on college football...
              DB

Comment

Are you trying to tell me that you're actually my father?

Comment

Bwahaha

Are you trying to tell me that you're actually my father?
                  Swish!
                  DB

Comment

Wheres scumbag PSU at in this thread

Comment

Working...
                    X