When The Eagles Lost the 1980 Super Bowl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When The Eagles Lost the 1980 Super Bowl

Should we have not been upset or angry because the Phillies won the World Series just 3 months before?

Again I don’t get what correlates being agitated with the Sixers (particularly Colangelo) and the Eagles winning.

That was fine 38 years ago.

Comment

Eagles Super Bowl trumps everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
        Should we have not been upset or angry because the Phillies won the World Series just 3 months before?

Again I don’t get what correlates being agitated with the Sixers (particularly Colangelo) and the Eagles winning.
        Yea, this is the same thing. Young team exceeds everyone's expectations entering the season but fails to win a championship. What a fucking disgrace.
        --
        Your Retarded

Comment

There is no connection

On the other hand ... if you had to make a $10,000 bet on the NBA Title before the playoffs started, you taking the Sixers or the field?

They were going to lose at some point in this playoff run ... it actually is part of the process.

They lost in the second round of the first playoff appearance for all of the key players on this team.

Every game but one went down to the wire.

I'm not a moral victory guy but you're whining like those people who think they should be promoted merely because they've been in a job for a year.
          Last edited by slag; 05-10-2018, 08:31 AM. Reason: typo
          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

This is why I'm whining.

I'm all in with the process, the tanking and a huge Hinkie guy. The Sixers fucked it up by not keeping him and putting this clown Colangelo in who single-handedly in one off season fucked up everything they were building for. He gave our biggest rival Tatum and an asset that may be worth a high lottery pick either this year or next year for a possible bust. Assets they were tanking whole seasons for they handed to Boston on a silver platter. Then we lose to their bench in the playoffs as a favorite in every game but one (for those who forget) and they will only get stronger with that asset and returning injured players.

It's looking real good the Sixers may be losing alot of ECF series to Boston in the next 10 years like Houston is against Golden State now. They cut the process off at the knees not letting Hinkie finish. That's why I am upset. I would have been happier with no playoffs this year and 2 more high picks to be honest than this shit storm of a series showing us we will not be able to compete with Boston now because of that fucking asshole making that trade last Summer. It's Moses/Barkley all over again.

Comment

You're absolutely right. What bothers me the most is people saying 'Trust the Process' after Hinkie left. The process stopped prematurely once he left. As a result, this boob of a GM has derailed it. Now, they no longer have the draft to complete the process and they've given their biggest rival more assets. I said from Day 1 that Colangelo was a bum and he's done nothing close to prove me wrong.

Comment

No

no
                OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                "BFTR"

Comment

Working...
                X