Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10. Brian Westbrook’s punt return TD against the Giants in 03
    9. Jackson’ punt return for a TD in 2010 against the Giants
    8. Herm Edwards fumble return for a TD with 26 seconds left against the Giants in 78
    7. Jaws 99 yard TD pass against the Falcons in OT in 1985
    6. Matt Stairs HR to beat the Dodgers in 08
    5. McNabb’s TD pass to James Thrash in 01 to end a 9 game losing streak to the Gmen
    4. Stuffing Emmit Smith TWICE on 4th and 1 from the Cowboys 29 in 1995
    3. Wilbert’s 42 yard run in 1980 NFCCG
    2. The Philly Soecial
    1. Graham’s strip sack of Brady

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
      Getting the final out of the 80 WS to give the Phils their 1st WS title. The play itself was nothing spectacular, just an out, but it ended nearly 100 years of futility for the fightins.
      I was there at the Vet as a teenager to see that. Definitively would include it in my personal top ten.

Dogs and horses surrounding the field, etc. We wanted to run out there but they shut us down! Top ten moment.
      --------
      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

this was the best moment until the super bowl.

3. stairs
        2. philly special
        1. strip sack
        Last edited by art vandelay; 05-12-2018, 03:56 PM.

Comment

here are 2 moments that got lost in time

The Willis Lateral to Vincent

4th&1......4th&1 Fg! FG!!!! People forget how badly the deck was stacked!
          OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
          "BFTR"

Comment

How could you forget the Phils/Astros 1960

Besides being the greatest 5 games series ever played in the history of beisbol, it had its great singular moments..........

1. Did Vern Ruhle catch the ball for a triple play or was it a base hit in game 4?

2. Game 5 Manny Trillo's triple.

3. Game 5 Greg Gross. bunt single.
            "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

Greg Gross was 8 years old in 1960
              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Made up new curse words and lost my voice during the second one.
                Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

But 28 in 1980

Originally posted by slag View Post
                  Greg Gross was 8 years old in 1960
                  Douchebag.

Hey! I’m old. I get confused easily.
                  "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

PART OF WHY THEY ASKED ME TO DO THEM EAGLES COMMERCIALS WAS BECAUSE THEY ASKED WHAT MY FAVORITE PLAY WAS.....AT THAT TIME...... IT WAS PEPPER JOHNSON GOES FLYIN FROM BYARS BURYING HIM. I KNOW IT WAS ONLY A BLOCK, BUT DAMN IT WAS A THING OF BEAUTY.

https://youtu.be/61Ou9rM971Q

ALSO.....1974 STANLEY CUP......OT GOAL BOBBY CLARKE. THAT PASS BY COWBOY BILL FLETT WAS A THING OF BEAUTY.
                    https://youtu.be/2Kbg_1Y7saA
                    Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 05-12-2018, 08:00 PM.
                    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

That would be 1980

Originally posted by Overbrook View Post
                      Besides being the greatest 5 games series ever played in the history of beisbol, it had its great singular moments..........

1. Did Vern Ruhle catch the ball for a triple play or was it a base hit in game 4?

That series taught me that life as a Philly sports fan was always going to be a wild roller coaster ride. Winning that series made it seem possible that they could actually win it all, and they did!
                      The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

Comment

Gotta be top three for me Strip sack and last play failed Hail Mary are right up there.

Of course, the Eagles are the only Philly team I seriously follow. Other than the Eagles, I'd put AI stepping over Lue in the Finals on my list. And something from the Villanova / Georgetown game. Not that I was a Nova fan but a great upset.
                        Last edited by Maniac; 05-12-2018, 08:53 PM.
                        Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

My favorite non-Eagles moment ever. The loudest moment in Spectrum history (at the 1:15 mark):

(I was at the Genesis concert across the street. The entire scene in South Philly that night was amazing.)
                          Last edited by The Duck; 05-12-2018, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Overbrook View Post

Absolutely the greatest baseball series ever played. Game 5 was the greatest deciding game ever played.

Comment

Probably 5 of them come from the Super Bowl

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                              Do you have others? I'm not talking about games, I'm talking about plays/moments.
                              And 2 from the NFC Championship
                              1) Robinson's pick 6
                              2) Flea Flicker

Non-Eagles:
                              1) Utleys fakeout in the World Series
                              2) AI stepover of Lue
                              3) Halladays playoff no-hitter
                              Last edited by rothdawg; 05-12-2018, 09:33 PM.

Comment

OK, one from 1960

If you’re old enough or know your Iggles history.

The last time we won the WORLDS FUCKING CHAMPIONSHIP OF THE NFL...........

Final play of the game. Jim Taylor alone in the middle of the field. Concrete Charlie left to beat. Charlie makes the tackle and refuses to let Taylor, who’s flipping around like a grounded flounder, get back to his feet.

Time expires with Charlie still on top. Iggles win!

Comment

Working...
                                X