Jeff sessions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff sessions

Intends to go after states that have legalized marijuana. Isn’t his side always yelling like a banshee about state’s rights and how the federal gov’t needs to get out of citizen’s lives?
    Cowboys last SB win is old enough to drink beer

To be fair a few republicans are calling him out for his hypocrisy (mostly the ones from states cashing in on pot taxes).
    Cowboys last SB win is old enough to drink beer

Comment

Originally posted by royal View Post
      Intends to go after states that have legalized marijuana. Isn’t his side always yelling like a banshee about state’s rights and how the federal gov’t needs to get out of citizen’s lives?
      He's going after local law enforcement not acting as ICE as well. STATES RIGHTS!
      --
      Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
        He's going after local law enforcement not acting as ICE as well. STATES RIGHTS!
        To be accurate he is giving prosecutorial discretion to the individual prosecutors instead of a blanket rule/ memorandum saying not to prosecute marijuana crimes. The previous memorandum to ignore a Federal law that is on the books is an over-reach of powers of the executive branch. If an administration does not want a law enforced they should take steps to have the law repealed rather than dictate not to enforce it.

Comment

Your categorization of the Cole Memo is at best, alternative facts. It was an exercise of prosecutorial discretion - the very same Constitutional principal Sessions is exercising. It works both ways.

But that's not the issue. The real issue is that the government is not using common sense and not listening to its constituents. Trump is allowing a dinosaur to stand in the way of positive social and economic advancement. The government is content to send kids off to war to be psychologically traumatized but won't let licensed medical professionals prescribe a plant that is now proven to treat PTSD. The government cries about an opiod epidemic but won't let medical professionals prescribe a non-addictive alternative.

This isn't about Consitutional overreach. It's about having common sense.
          Last edited by McCarthy12; 01-05-2018, 10:06 AM.
          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Fair enough

Regardless it is a time for a change regarding marijuana.

Far less harmful than alcohol or tobacco and we have no idea on how many countless benefits it does have.

Comment

Jeff Sessions farts in elevators

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
              Your categorization of the Cole Memo is at best, alternative facts. It was an exercise of prosecutorial discretion - the very same Constitutional principal Sessions is exercising. It works both ways.

But that's not the issue. The real issue is that the government is not using common sense and not listening to its constituents. Trump is allowing a dinosaur to stand in the way of positive social and economic advancement. The government is content to send kids off to war to be psychologically traumatized but won't let licensed medical professionals prescribe a plant that is now proven to treat PTSD. The government cries about an opiod epidemic but won't let medical professionals prescribe a non-addictive alternative.

and when the door opens, he pretends it was someone else.

The following is a joke but is a pretty funny takeoff on that new book about Trump that everyone's talking about. It shows you how utterly bizarroworld we have become with all this tribalism. But having said that, I would watch the gorilla channel...

https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/st...710272/photo/1

DB

Comment

Your argument is the same as mine. The legislative branch should do their job and change the laws. Currently 64% of the population are in agreement with legalization of marijuana. The Executive branch should not make policy counter to laws established by the legislative branch and proven constitutional by the Judicial branch.

I am a purist in that I am not swayed by the party in office but want adherence to the system already in place. Regardless of my personal opinion on legalization it still should go through the process.

And my interpretation was an over-simplification rather than alternative facts. Here is the cliff notes of the Cole memo for this win the need to know:

The Cole Memo was a document originally drafted by former US Attorney General James M. Cole in 2013. Cole issued a memorandum to all US attorneys that was published through the Department of Justice on August 29, 2013. The memo indicated that prosecutors and law enforcement should focus only on the following priorities related to state-legal cannabis operations:
                Preventing the distribution of marijuana to minors;
                Preventing revenue from the sale of marijuana from going to criminal enterprises, gangs and cartels;
                Preventing the diversion of marijuana from states where it is legal under state law in some form to other states;
                Preventing state-authorized marijuana activity from being used as a cover or pretext for the trafficking of other illegal drugs or other illegal activity;
                Preventing violence and the use of firearms in the cultivation and distribution of marijuana;
                Preventing drugged driving and the exacerbation of other adverse public health consequences associated with marijuana use;
                Preventing the growing of marijuana on public lands and the attendant public safety and environmental dangers posed by marijuana production on public lands; and
                Preventing marijuana possession or use on federal property.

Comment

At the federal level, it's not really a legislative issue. The executive branch has the power to acknowledge marijuana's medical benefits and reclassify it. That would change everything.

Comment

hahaha! I'm pretty much done with politics. I don't watch cable news anymore. My new years resolution was to get off twitter. That was the first time I've looked at it in two days. I've only been looking at it for sports but I got a subscription to the Athletic so I'm good there. Politics has become little more than the 5th major American sport and I already follow too many sports.

I'm going to move to a cabin in the woods or become a seasteader or something.

Comment

I agree

hahaha! I'm pretty much done with politics. I don't watch cable news anymore. My new years resolution was to get off twitter. That was the first time I've looked at it in two days. I've only been looking at it for sports but I got a subscription to the Athletic so I'm good there. Politics has become little more than the 5th major American sport and I already follow too many sports.

I'm going to move to a cabin in the woods or become a seasteader or something.
                      Cable news is drivel. They love Trump. Trump = ratings.

Hey how about Archieball. I was watching the game this week and they were totally listless. Dakich was calling the game and said he’d bench all of them.
                      DB

Comment

I think they are going to be hot and cold all year. I've seen enough to believe he is a better x's and o's coach than Crean. If he can recruit, they will be fine.

Speaking of the Big 10, my beloved Scarlet Knights are headed in the right direction. I like their coach a lot. I'm going to do my best Nostradimbus impersonation and predict that they will make the tournament in the next 5 years.

Comment

Working...
                        X