Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do I feel more confident than I did in ‘04?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
    Perfect balance of young studs, seasoned vets, and a coaching staff that can just tie it all together. I'm 33, and this is the greatest Eagles of my life.
    I'm 46. Same. This is my favorite Philly team ever (they've unseated the 87 Flyers).
    Last edited by The Duck; 01-22-2018, 01:58 AM.

Comment

i never doubted that he cared, but he was a headcase in his own way. he was sensitive. he tried too hard to be funny. the air guitar then wall slam was a perfect example of this.

i've actually lightened up on him now that he's out of the league. i was so ready to move on after 09.

Comment

Originally posted by broadstreetparade View Post
        Was I too young to understand or is this team that good?
        This team has the killer instinct. "Eye of the tiger .."

Will you shut up, man!

Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
          We all knew Donnie didn't have it in him. Great Iggs QB, but it was never going to happen for him. I think the same could be said for Andy.
          I'd say it more for Andy than I would McNabb here. McNabb played like a college QB but good then started drinking the Kool-Aid of "pocket passing", then went straight to Suck City. Now he's really a disgrace. I could really write about how much he fell off. The Eagles offense was basically T.O. and maybe Westbrook... nothing much else.

2017-18 Eagles are different ball game. They are going to the Super Bowl with a BACKUP QB, after losing their possible GOAT LT, their kicker, their game changing back, and soon to be GOAT QB all in the same season. Still got #1 seed, muted one of the best offenses in the NFL (a week after they made another one of the best offenses in the NFL look like amateurs) AND then dominated the best defense in the NFL. And the coaching has been amazing. No time management issues. Going for the FU points at the half... and the usually-underwhelming backup was running the offense efficiently and at levels not seen since the days of his Fool's Gold beginnings

2017-18 Andy Reid is still Andy Reid. Up over 20 at the half and choke it to a team that was Cheatriots fodder.

this team is very similar to the Jags team that would have beaten the Cheatriots if not for some dumb clock management at the half and if the ref would have not blown the whistle on the Lewis turnover.

Eagles close this out and they are the greatest single-season NFL team of all time, similar to when the '16 Cleveland Cavaliers came back to spank the 73-9 Golden Shower Warriors down 3-1

Amazing team. I thought they would lose to the Falcons.

Comment

This team has a nasty, dominant defense. From top to bottom this team is better than '04 and more trustworthy at HC and QB - arguably their least trustworthy positions in a big spot back then.

There's something really special about this group. I believe!
            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Defense. That's why.

Pederson. That's why.

Offensive Line. That's why.

Ajayi/Blount/Clemons. That's why.

Ertz. That's why.

Comment

I'm 57(soon to be 58) and this is the best Eagles team in my lifetime. I was only 8 months old when they won it all in '60 but I certainly can't count that.

I've played and watched sports my entire life and I can spot destiny from a mile away. This TEAM "has it" in spades.

From the top to the bottom of this organization there's something brewing which I've never seen or felt before with our beloved Birds.

This team is better in almost every way than the '04 team.

BRING IT HOME, BOYS!!!!

Comment

The game during Chips last season when they beat the up there. RPO and pressure up the middle. If sleeves could pull off a win why not Nick.

Comment

Working...
                  X