Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diggle View Post
    he's never had a really great team around him...nor an OL
    I'm not so sure about that, the 2008 team was stacked. Look at the team he had around him.

RB's - LaDainian Tomlinson (best player in the league at that time/hall of famer/all-pro) and Darren Sproles (pro bowler/all-pro).

FB - Mike Tolbert (pro bowler/all-pro).

WR's - Vincent Jackson (pro bowler), Chris Chambers (pro bowler), and Malcom Floyd (solid starter).

TE - Antonio Gates (hall of famer/pro bowler/all-pro).

OL - Marcus McNeill (pro bowler), Kris Dielman (pro bowler) Mike Goff (all-pro), Nick Hardwick (pro bowler), Jeromey Clary (solid starter).

DL - Jamal Williams (pro bowler/all-pro), Luis Castillo (1st round pick/solid starter), Igor Olshansky (solid starter).

LB's - Shaun Phillips (pro bowler), Shawn Merriman (pro bowler/all-pro), Jyles Tucker (solid starter, had 5.5 sacks that year), a few other decent players, but none worth noting.

CB's - Antonio Cromartie (pro bowler/all-pro) Quentin Jammer (1st round pick, solid starter), Antoine Cason (1st round pick, solid starter).

S - Eric Weddle (pro bowler/all-pro), Clinton Hart (solid starter, had 5 INT's in 07').

K - Nate Kaeding (pro bowler/all-pro).

P - Mike Scifres (all-time franchise leader in yards/punt average).

KR/PR - Darren Sproles (pro bowler/all-pro).
    Last edited by The Peoples Champion; 10-19-2015, 02:15 PM.
    ....Don't ever let a win get to your head, or a loss to your heart.

Comment

i'd say he had a really good team before he became a really good QB. he also had a terrible, terrible coach in norv turner.

Comment

Same play

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
        Was where he had Woodhead a few plays earlier but threw to Gates instead, who was 2x covered.
        Final play was the exact same play as the one you noted DB. Chargers coaches saw RB was completely uncovered on the earlier one, so they ran the same play again hoping for a score.

"Fool me, umm once, err... we can't get fooled again"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Yeah, he had woodhead on 2nd down (3rd?) and totally missed him. I think he was even looking at that side of the field.

Comment

wha?

that honestly makes no sense what-so-ever
            John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
              that honestly makes no sense what-so-ever
              I am saying Bradford is this generation's Jeff George. That didn't make sense?
              Last edited by Mr. Triple Dip; 10-19-2015, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Not in the least. Horrible comparison.

Jeff George played for a lot of teams. He PLAYED. He threw for a boatload of yards and TDs but was shit in the playoffs. THAT is comparable to Rivers, not Bradford.
                John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Jeff George played for a lot of teams. He PLAYED. He threw for a boatload of yards and TDs but was shit in the playoffs. THAT is comparable to Rivers, not Bradford.
                  #1 overall pick with a million dollar arm and thus far not a lot of winning to show for it. Not to mention Rivers has been to the 2nd round 5 times in his career and has put up numbers nowhere near comparable to Jeff George. But guess which QB has a nearly identical QB rating to Jeff George?

Rivers=George? Talk about not making any sense.

Comment

Bzzt. WRONG

Rivers and George's stats are comparable, as is their inability to prosper in the post season. Rivers has played for over a decade and has shit to show for it.
                    Bradford hasn't played for two years before this season.

Comment

Still don't want to admit you made a brain dead comparison? Bradford is a lot more George than Rivers.

Jeff George career record is 46-78(!!!), Philip Rivers is 90-60. George was never a winner, not even in the regular season. Rivers---division titles and some playoff wins but has come up short, doesn't make him a career loser like Jeff George.

As for the comparable passing stats Rivers is approaching 40,000 yards passing(and still going) while George threw for 27,000 yards in his career.

Rivers has thrown 100 more TD passes and has a significantly better completion percentage.

Rivers 96 career QB rating George 80(same as Bradford what do ya know)

Should I go on or I think you get it now, right?

Comment

Well that just makes it worse.

Piling up the stats with a shit playoff record.
                        Sounds like two peas in a pod to me.

Comment

You're outta your element Donnie

Piling up the stats with a shit playoff record.
                          Sounds like two peas in a pod to me.
                          Oh its the playoff record that ties them together now? I thought they had comparable stats?

Dan Marino same playoff win % as Rivers, guess they are peas in a pod as well.

Comment

And now you're reaching.

Bradford in no way, no how compares to Jeff George.

Just quit while you think you're ahead.

Comment

Bradford in no way, no how compares to Jeff George.
                              #1 overall pick with a highly regarded arm and a losing record. Yeah, apples and oranges.

Teach me how to make up false similarities like you.

Comment

Working...
                              X