Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

admit that you had to convince yourself Chip wasn't batshit when he traded for Bradfo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• admit that you had to convince yourself Chip wasn't batshit when he traded for Bradfo

We have Stockholm syndrome with this franchise
    Last edited by Diggle; 10-29-2015, 09:20 PM.
    WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

I lost my shit over that 2.

Just so stupid.

Comment

The mis-information at the time it went down was ridiculous.
      It went from getting Bradford and picks to giving foles and a second. Crazy stoooopid.

Comment

The only thing we've been hearing at the time was Kendricks, Bumford and a 1st along with Cox to Tenn for Marriota

Comment

Yeah, there was definitely a confusing swirl of speculation. I firmly believed that Chip had some card up his sleeve...and apparently he didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief View Post
            The mis-information at the time it went down was ridiculous.
            It went from getting Bradford and picks to giving foles and a second. Crazy stoooopid.
            I lost it when I realized they didn't get a second, they gave UP a second. Then with the help of pre-season hype I convinced myself it was a smart move, and by the end of pre-season I was certain the offense was, at the very least, improved from last year. I seriously can't remember ever being so wrong about a player.

Comment

Great job in trying to rewrite history. But that wasn't the consensus. After 2 seasons of 10 wins,the Chip lickers club was at its peak. There wasn't enough kool aid to feed them all. Every move that chip made was met with "genius".every time an all pro was sent packing, this board was filled with posts about chip making the right move.

When the Foles/Bradford thing went down, the chip lickers were all in. It was just CCPere and a couple of others who reminded people that Bradford probably knows the names of more rehab nurses than football players. It was CCPETE who said that Foles although not elite was good enough if the Eagles fielded a striong ream for a serious run. Bradford wouldn't be good enough on the 86' Bears.

Now, the chip lickers club dwindles down to a precious few. CCPete is hounded by people wanting me to speak at various functions. Chip Kelly is not an NFL COACH. NECER WAS...NEVER WILL BE.

Comment

you were right and everything

but your referencing of yourself in the 3rd person makes me cringe.

Comment

yeah, this with the picks. i tried to convince myself that chip was positioning himself to get mariota. this scenario would have been more imaginable if they were getting a 2nd along with bradford. but giving up a 2nd? that's moving in the wrong direction. especially considering they were already giving up a superior QB in foles. it was unrealistic to think that somehow bradford, a guy who sucked as the #1 overall pick in 2010, would be ammunition to move up to #2 five years later.

and the thing is, i'm still not convinced that chip wasn't trying to move up for mariota. so whether or not chip thought bradford would be the starter in 2015, he's batshit.
                  Last edited by art vandelay; 10-30-2015, 11:54 AM.

Comment

To think that Tenn would be more interested in a trade for a QB who spent the past two years eating hospital jello instead of Foles is absurd to begin with. Add the complete waste of that draft pick and GM Chip corn holed Coach Chip.

Comment

Please tell me that this was a case of IGitis. Otherwise I'll have to slap a bitch.

Comment

Bwahahaha!!

Get him SB

Comment

Slowly realizing we were not only not getting Mariota, but actually sticking with Bradford at QB, was one of the worst off-season moments I'd had in years.

There's not a doubt in my mind Kelly would have loved to trade up for Mariota. I mean, of course he would have, right? I think he more or less meant what he said at the draft press conference -- that Tennessee made it clear the only offers they would even consider for the no. 2 pick would be absolutely huge, maybe unprecedented.

Comment

Originally posted by CCPete View Post
                            Bradford wouldn't be good enough on the 86' Bears. .
                            Ironically you maybe right about this

Comment

Beta.

Get on the Chip Ship!
                              Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Working...
                              X