This is troubling.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is troubling.

There's nothing to cut and paste. It's the whole thing.

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2...art_most-read_
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

The Writing is on the Wall

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
    There's nothing to cut and paste. It's the whole thing.

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2...art_most-read_
    The rumors over the past couple days coupled with the fact that there will be many attractive college jobs available, I think there's a good chance he's gone after this year.

Let's hope there is another Bruce Arians available. Just watching him and how his team plays, he really is the antithesis of Chip.

Comment

Chip could end this all by saying "I'm not taking a college job next year, period."

But he won't.

Comment

Yep. There's a part of me that really would like to see him get a shot with the right qb. But I think he may just be better suited for the college game. He's probably better off coaching boys (as opposed to grown men) at a place where the media isn't a nuisance to him.

To me, to hear Barwin criticize his methods means the ship is sinking.

Comment

Hard to rule it out at this point. Sucks. I really had hope.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
            Hard to rule it out at this point. Sucks. I really had hope.
            I was a huge Chip fluffer but it's not working out and I just don't see how he can turn it around. As you said, when guys like Barwin are openly questioning his methods you know that he's lost the locker room.

It sucks that we will have to start over again but I think it's for the best. The other choice would be one more year of Chip and a new QB (Kap, RGKnee or JFF)? Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
              The rumors over the past couple days coupled with the fact that there will be many attractive college jobs available, I think there's a good chance he's gone after this year.

Let's hope there is another Bruce Arians available. Just watching him and how his team plays, he really is the antithesis of Chip.
              The wall
              I'm not the hill you want to die on

Comment

The worst part of all this is it sets them (not us) back another 4 years.

Removing a coach after a few seasons is never ideal. It makes them look like amateurs, which is par for the course I suppose.

If Kelly leaves (and I hope like hell he does bc I think he's a grade A douchebag who cannot get along with other people and players don't buy his shit) I hope the new regime drafts like an NFL level franchise and signs 1 free agent every 3 years.
                Last edited by Ellsworth; 11-25-2015, 12:35 PM.

Comment

They are all hedging their bets. Chip is hedging his bets. Bumford is hedging his bets. Roseman, who is doing nothing to lock guys up long term, unlike the Haberdasher which was pretty much all he lived for was to sign guys long term.

If you were Cox would you be buying into this shit show when there is Suh money out there?

Comment

The only redeeming part of that is the defense front 7 is still built for a 4-3 get a good d coordinater and then build the correct pro offense.
                    On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

to be fair, chip wouldn't have any credibility if he did say that. last year he said he wished there were more people like nick foles in the NFL.

has a GM-coach feud ever not ended like this? last year harbaugh. this year it's chip and pagano. it sucks because i still think chip is a good coach, he just got himself in over his head this year. maybe he'll go back to college, but i could easily see him having success if he takes another NFL job down the line.

Comment

. I have a lot of confidence in Lurie doing just that.

Comment

I've seen Eagles teams get their ass whooped ... but it was because they sucked.

Last Sunday, they looking like they were getting their asses kicked because they didn't give a fuck.
                          Last edited by slag; 11-25-2015, 04:47 PM.
                          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

You are correct, it is troubling.

Especially when combined with the way the team collapsed at the end of last season.
                            --------
                            "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Exactly. Last week was something special. Tomorrow could be ugly.

Comment

Working...
                              X