Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles interest in Ronald Powell

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2...ld_powell.html

Could be a sneaky late pick up if he can get over his ACL tears... fuggin stud

Why is Howie always intrigued with players coming off knee injuries?

Comment

Low-risk, high reward if picked late. Can't for the life of me figure out why he wouldn't go back to Florida. Never lived up to his potential in 2 years and then he got hurt. Seemed like he could have made himself some money had he come back and had a nice year

Comment

ACL tears ?? As in, plural ???

Originally posted by phillyeagles36 View Post
        http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2...ld_powell.html

Could be a sneaky late pick up if he can get over his ACL tears... fuggin stud
        No thanks.
        The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

as a fourth or fifth round pick? i would think he's worth a shot.

eagles stated that in the lower rounds they'll look at players who were top ranked high school players who either didn't play as well as they could have or were injured.

i think powell was the #1 overall prospect for his entire senior class...then got hurt and then played through a full year. he's worth the risk later in the draft.
          “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

so they want double busts? Busts out of high school and now busts out of college? GREEEEEAAAAATT!
            WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

but in the 5th or 6th round if that's where they are looking...it doesn't really matter. if you get lucky...awesome....if not...maybe he can play special teams.
              “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Seattle got starters in the 5th or 6th. fuck the high hopes bs. get players
                WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

Originally posted by Diggle View Post
                  Seattle got starters in the 5th or 6th. fuck the high hopes bs. get players
                  i'm not disagreeing...but they guys they took dropped for similar reasons....except sherman...but he dropped because harbough bad mouthed him around the nfl.

Comment

Sounds too much like this guy they tried selling us for two seasons...

Comment

you are talking about a guy they signed as a free agent opposed to a player they may or may not draft in rounds 5-7.

it's a risk but it's not one of your top picks. people act like it's the first round, second or third round pick that they would be looking to spend on him..good christ.

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post

eagles stated that in the lower rounds they'll look at players who were top ranked high school players who either didn't play as well as they could have or were injured.

i think powell was the #1 overall prospect for his entire senior class...then got hurt and then played through a full year. he's worth the risk later in the draft.
                        Bryce Brown was that sort of player. Didn't really work out considering Brown has little chance of making the roster this season.

Comment

but it's not like he was a high draft pick. oh well, he didn't work out...end of the wor...no wait, he was a 7th round pick.

Now watkins or someone similar in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd round? Yeah, then I would have an issue.

Comment

There are much better examples of this than Bryce Brown.

A good example is Jack Ikegwuonu.

Bryce Brown, however will be playing somewhere else in the league if the Eagles cut him and the only reason he isn't getting more carries in Philadelphia is because the guy in front of him is in the discussion for the best in the NFL.
                            Last edited by slag; 04-21-2014, 04:48 PM.
                            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Working...
                            X