Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has there ever been less buzz about the draft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has there ever been less buzz about the draft?

That wanna be gangster Goodell fucked up moving the draft back 2 weeks. Nobody is amped up for it. There's 2 and a half months of dead time and bullshit rumors between Indy and NY now.

Hopefully they realize it was a mistake and flip it back next year. But I doubt Goodell has the self awareness to admit a mistake.

Every fan, scout, coach, and team despise the change.

Dumb ass Jamestown dickface.

I dunno, Ells

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
    That wanna be gangster Goodell fucked up moving the draft back 2 weeks. Nobody is amped up for it. There's 2 and a half months of dead time and bullshit rumors between Indy and NY now.

Hopefully they realize it was a mistake and flip it back next year. But I doubt Goodell has the self awareness to admit a mistake.

Every fan, scout, coach, and team despise the change.

Dumb ass Jamestown dickface.
    I was thinking that Goodell was smart because people on ESPN and on our (that's right I said "our") have been talking draft for weeks. I was getting the sense that it was a good move because it elongates anticipation and once the draft happens, we'll be in OTAs etc. then all those great elite worldbeating safeties that the Giants have will be able to show their stuff.

DB
    DB

Comment

I try to avoid talking about this draft because it takes everything in me to refrain from shitting my pants at the thought of the Vagiants adding Calvin Pryor to their All-Universe safety group. Scary stuff.

I hate that the draft is split up over 3 days again more than it being pushed back.

Comment

You mean other than the three uberlame draft posts a day that keep popping up here?

Comment

And there's still 3 Thursdays to go.

These next 2 weeks are gonna be redundant and mind numbing. I love the draft but after so much time has passed you start to get numb to everything. Now that Rog has pushed it back 2 weeks it just makes it worse.

Thank God for Cubs baseball!

Comment

Colleagues and friends of mine would talk non stop the past couple weeks about the draft. This year everybody has a walking dead zombie glaze to them. There's just nothing to discuss anymore. Cannot take 1 more mock draft or rumor, etc.

Comment

Yeah and mostly from Ells

Originally posted by AthensEagle View Post
              You mean other than the three uberlame draft posts a day that keep popping up here?
              PUNCH!
              "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Like 3I's mom, its overstretched.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
                  Like 3I's mom, its overstretched.

Just like the elastic on your fannypack.

Remember that shirt your mom bought you on your birthday?

I got two of those, a pair of shoes, and head on the first day.
                  500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Maybe the teams prefer it this way?

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                      Colleagues and friends of mine would talk non stop the past couple weeks about the draft. This year everybody has a walking dead zombie glaze to them. There's just nothing to discuss anymore. Cannot take 1 more mock draft or rumor, etc.
                      I feel like Goodell was hoping the Draft Day movie would fill that void. When it flopped, there was just nothing to fall back on. It'll be interesting to see if they re-adjust the schedule next year.

Comment

if you believe what you see online and twitter they all hate it. it extends their already horrible work schedule by 2 more meaningless weeks and cuts their summer break by that same amount.

Team's draft boards are set and have been set for weeks already. this brings nothing positive to the table for anyone other than Rog but I don't know what benefit the NFL is getting out of moving this back. They weren't competing with anything the last weekend in April as it is so what's the point?
                        Last edited by Ellsworth; 04-22-2014, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Mo Money is always the reason

by pushing the draft back it happens during May Sweeps for Nielson and pimps the ad rates going forward

Comment

there you go then. guess i'll just have to get used to april 1st - may 5th being a complete and utter NFL hell & zombie wasteland from this point forward.

Comment

Like your mom cried out, its too long.

Comment

Working...
                              X