Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh great, now the NFL is going to start rescheduling games to Sunday night in week 5.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh great, now the NFL is going to start rescheduling games to Sunday night in week 5.

I hate it when they switch a previously scheduled Sunday afternoon game to Sunday night but what sucks almost as bad is if you make plans for a Sunday night game (make arrangements to take Monday off, rent a hotey, etc.) and they switch it to the afternoon.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

You have to wonder where the breaking point is. And the nfl wonders why fans are opting to stay home now instead of enjoying the game day experience! hahah. shit like this, that's why. Greed rubs people the wrong way.

Cash collars are the only thing that matters to these fuckheads who have risen prices so high across the board that it makes people physically sick.

Comment

The Networks wrote big checks...
      And the Networks need to recoup their investment and they do it by selling ads. Duh
      We'll get more ads and the Networks will decide which games get played when, in order to maximize the ad revenue

November Sweeps are important too and the schedule will reflect that as well
      TV calls the shots and they aren't going to give a National game to a dog- matchup anymore. Too much cash on the line

And soon enough TV will be calling the shots on gameday too :

"Um Roger, we need a penalty here to slow down that offense and keep it close until the 4th quarter, multi-millions are at stake..."

I don't think that TV or the refs or the league will ever try to rig the outcome of a game, but I do believe they have and will mess with the conduct of the game if it puts more money in their pocketses.

Its a bummer, but its the reality when money trumps all

Comment

It's all about the TV money. I can see a day when the NFL has to paper the house to get asses in the seats. But all for the theatre of a crowd to broadcast to those who choose to stay home.

Comment

I believe we are up to 84 commercials over the course of each NFL game. Doesn't affect me much on Sundays bc of game mix and red zone but I pity the fool who doesn't have Sunday ticket.
          Last edited by Ellsworth; 04-23-2014, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Everything I see has it starting in Week 11, where do you see it in Week 5?

Comment

Working...
            X