Question: No game "flexed" tonight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question: No game "flexed" tonight?

Did NBC have the ability to do it or did they choose not to do so?
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

The word I read was

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
    Did NBC have the ability to do it or did they choose not to do so?
    "cancelled"

There was a question as to whether the NFL would pay NBC for the lost revenue.

The change makes me hopeful that the NFL will eventually come to its senses and get rid of Thursday games, being as they just went down this particularly slippery slope.

Comment

It was to milk the most out of the drama with the playoff implications by playing them all at the same time.

For example Panthers-Falcons was big for both teams, but if Seattle had already lost earlier in the day then Atlanta would have known they were in the playoffs before they kicked off.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
        "cancelled"

There was a question as to whether the NFL would pay NBC for the lost revenue.

The change makes me hopeful that the NFL will eventually come to its senses and get rid of Thursday games, being as they just went down this particularly slippery slope.
        I think it had more to do with it being NYE.
        --
        Your Retarded

Comment

Pretty sure

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
          I think it had more to do with it being NYE.
          They looked at the calendar before last week and said: "Hey, what are we going to do about December 31? It's a Sunday."

It had everything to do with not having a marquee matchup that wouldn't be affected by earlier games' outcomes.

For example: easiest game to showcase would have been Falcons-Panthers. However, if Seattle would have lost during the 4:00 game in that scenario, NOBODY would have watched the SNF game (Falcons would have already clinched).

Comment

They looked at the calendar before last week and said: "Hey, what are we going to do about December 31? It's a Sunday."

It had everything to do with not having a marquee matchup that wouldn't be affected by earlier games' outcomes.

For example: easiest game to showcase would have been Falcons-Panthers. However, if Seattle would have lost during the 4:00 game in that scenario, NOBODY would have watched the SNF game (Falcons would have already clinched).
            You know if it had come down to Eagles-Cowturds for the division people would have been freezing their azzes off late on NYE at the Linc.

I suspect that was the plan but the Eagles success and the Cowturds failure threw a monkey wrench into the works.
            --------
            "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Agree 100%

.....had the Eagles & Cowboys had anything real on the line you can bet it would have aired in the evening.
              "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

yep
                Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Working...
                X