Nick Foles: America's newest hero...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nick Foles: America's newest hero...

So after witnessing what amounts to a defining moment for Nick Foles, becoming the franchise QB of the Eagles. We now have over a season worth of film and 11-1 record in the last 12 regular season games. I do not care if it is Kelly's schemes, play calling or fluke. Foles was and is the QB who was involved. Put it to rest we have our QB...

How ugly can a 3-0 team be? Our defense is shoddy at best, one more injury and I will be called in to pull at guard from my wheelchair along the offensive line but here we are getting ready to travel to Frisco and a must win game for the home team.

Call me a "fluffer, a Kelly's hero, a Foles Fanboy" my eyes are open and this team has a chance every week to win the game they are playing. It has been years since I felt this way.

Dont look now but we are getting our home field Mojo back as well....

Relax ... although I think his performance was impressive, there is a fine line between your platitudes and this place howling like a scalded dog about him.

Eli Manning is a big hero because a guy who should have intercepted a ball dropped it and another one pinned a ball he had no business catching against his helmet.

If that defensive lineman hadn't dropped a slam dunk gift INT Foles threw to him late in the game and the Eagles had lost, you wouldn't be making this post.

Fine line.

As Kelly said: one down ... one to go.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

PS - I do agree with you that if everything turns out all groovy an' shit, this game will be the one everyone points to as definitively establishing him as the leader in the huddle.
      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
        Relax ... although I think his performance was impressive, there is a fine line between your platitudes and this place howling like a scalded dog about him.

Eli Manning is a big hero because a guy who should have intercepted a ball dropped it and another one pinned a ball he had no business catching against his helmet.

If that defensive lineman hadn't dropped a slam dunk gift INT Foles threw to him late in the game and the Eagles had lost, you wouldn't be making this post.

Fine line.

As Kelly said: one down ... one to go.
        he didn't catch it so why not let someone get all pumped up?
        “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

too long. didnt read
          WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

Cautious optimism. That's what we need to practice. Foles has looked great at times, and looked horrible at others. That's not a quality you want in your franchise QB, ask Chicago how frustrating it is to have Cutler play like that.

Foles needs to become more consistent. Plain and simple. If he can show an ability to consistently play at the level he did on Sunday (and he can play even better than that, because he left some throws on the field) then we can all sleep easy in regards to the QB position.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
              Cautious optimism. That's what we need to practice. Foles has looked great at times, and looked horrible at others. That's not a quality you want in your franchise QB, ask Chicago how frustrating it is to have Cutler play like that.

Foles needs to become more consistent. Plain and simple. If he can show an ability to consistently play at the level he did on Sunday (and he can play even better than that, because he left some throws on the field) then we can all sleep easy in regards to the QB position.
              Honestly right now I would take Foles over Cuntler.
              --------
              "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                I would too, but that wasn't my point. My point was, Cutler has games where he looks like the best QB in the NFL, and then follows that up with games where he looks like Rex Grossman 2.0.

That's what Chicago has to deal with. That's not something I want out of my franchise QB, and right now, Foles plays like shit too often (albeit for short spurts) to feel fully confident in him IMO.

I just want a consistently good QB who flashes greatness, not a sometimes horrible, mostly good, sometimes great QB. I think Foles can provide that, just needs to tighten it up a bit.
                Last edited by Sect 236; 09-23-2014, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Keep something in mind about Foles, or CK system, or whatever else you want to throw out there, but one fact remains,

Foles has won the games he has won with what is undoubtedly the worst defense of any head of division team in the NFL, and up until just recently with the exception of Donnie Jones even the special teams was questionable.

All I'm saying is, he's had an awful lot on his back for a guy that hasn't been around that long, and to be able to keep his head screwed on straight, take all the hits he has, and put up with "some" people calling for a backup as soon as he has an off game, shows me he is well beyond his years in understanding what is going on around him.

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                    Foles has had a couple of near complete collapses. But one thing he's not going to do is make a horrible decision in the final minutes of a game.

I can deal with the occasional overthrows. That stuff will even out as he gets more experience. One thing you can't seem to teach guys (Cutler, Stafford, Bradford, etc...) is how to not panic and make horrible decisions that lose you games.

Like other people have said, he's got the Slackjaw Factor. No running game whatsoever, no pass protection and he carries his team to victory. Anyone bitching about the screen pass the to LBs nuts or the Celek overthrows must only watch other team's highlights. That shit happens all the time.
                    "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
                      I can deal with the occasional overthrows. That stuff will even out as he gets more experience. One thing you can't seem to teach guys (Cutler, Stafford, Bradford, etc...) is how to not panic and make horrible decisions that lose you games.
                      That Cardinals game last year, the pick that was negated by the iffy holding call on Honey Badger is the only time I can remember him making a bad mistake late.

It's not always about the end of games though. They've been able to overcome him starting slow so far this season, but that shit won't fly forever.

Again, cautious optimism while Foles hopefully tightens it all up.

With the offense we run and the weapons we have, we don't need Foles to be elite, just very good.

Comment

Working...
                      X