Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL says Baker's hit on Foles was legal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL says Baker's hit on Foles was legal.

Another sign that Goodell is in Danny's pocket!

It was still a cheap shot.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...les-was-legal/

And Troy Vincent is a sell-out.
    Last edited by TerpEagle; 09-23-2014, 06:57 PM.
    --
    Your Retarded

The other article said u couldn't blindside block a QB on change of possession

Comment

This is coming from the NFL directly.

Originally posted by phillyeagles36 View Post
      The other article said u couldn't blindside block a QB on change of possession
      And they always get it right.
      --
      Your Retarded

Comment

WOW!!! That's fucking bullshit!!

Just another sign of the times.....NFL trying to look clean.

Now I'd really love to see Kelce & Mathis go high-low in December and break the fuckers leg. Really.

Hey Terp, on a somewhat related item...............how about that piece of shit cop who almost killed the Maryland kid get off with nothing except an expunged record!
        "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

I wonder what would have happened if manning or Brady took a shot like that. Baker would be on the street begging for soup money

Comment

Eh, wait until Goodell watches the tape. As soon as he actually sees it, he'll change his mind.
            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
              Another sign that Goodell is in Danny's pocket!

It was still a cheap shot.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...les-was-legal/

And Troy Vincent is a sell-out.

FUCK THAT! I thought because of the hit Hugh Douglas laid on Jim Miller that you can hit a QB on a change of possession unless the QB was in pursuit of the ball?? We do this we're fined for sure.

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/01/24/sp...on-miller.html
              Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

bwahahaha!

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                Eh, wait until Goodell watches the tape. As soon as he actually sees it, he'll change his mind.
                He was told it wasn't too bad.
                DB

Comment

I've got to agree with Ike Reese on this

If it was our guy hitting their QB, we'd love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Prowler View Post
                    If it was our guy hitting their QB, we'd love it.
                    I don't know man - it was a pussy, unnecessary move and not sure I'd be that impressed if it were the other way around. I remember when Bears fan pissed and moaned about Hugh took down Jim Miller a few years back, but that didn't have half the venom that Baker's hit did. I think if you're a 350 pound fat fuck there's not much need to lay out a skinny tall guy in a situation there he's clearly not a threat. Fuck him.
                    Cows in the barnyard, chickens in the farmer's corvette.

Comment

Disagree

Originally posted by Mush Valley View Post
                      I don't know man - it was a pussy, unnecessary move and not sure I'd be that impressed if it were the other way around. I remember when Bears fan pissed and moaned about Hugh took down Jim Miller a few years back, but that didn't have half the venom that Baker's hit did. I think if you're a 350 pound fat fuck there's not much need to lay out a skinny tall guy in a situation there he's clearly not a threat. Fuck him.
                      Rewind to 2004 against the giants at home. Trotter CRUSHED Jeff Feagles (Punter) and when he was fined. Every Eagle fan was up in arms because Trotter was flagged and fined. And that was on a punter. Foles is at least a football player and 6'6
                      Last edited by SCREAMIN EAGLE; 09-24-2014, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Well, the guy with the ball was already down. Someone hits a golden boy like that and they're fined. Hell, they changed rules because Tommy Boy hurt his knee. If a QB throws the ball and you run by and brush his helmet with your hand, that's roughing the passer. Don't see how this hit was "clean."

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMIN EAGLE View Post
                          Rewind to 2004 against the giants at home. Trotter CRUSHED Jeff Feagles (Punter) and when he was fined. Every Eagle fan was up in arms because Trotter was flagged and fined. And that was on a punter. Foles is at least a football player and 6'6
                          Eh, I sort of remember that. Mid-field, play still in action I think? Feagles was in the mix a bit more? Even then I don't really remember being that up in arms about that fine, and I was a huge Trotter fan. I do agree that Foles is a bigger dude than Beagles. Doesn't make Baker's hit any less cheap.

Here's my kind of hit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwiMtGsFHwA

Comment

Originally posted by Mush Valley View Post
                            Eh, I sort of remember that. Mid-field, play still in action I think? Feagles was in the mix a bit more? Even then I don't really remember being that up in arms about that fine, and I was a huge Trotter fan. I do agree that Foles is a bigger dude than Beagles. Doesn't make Baker's hit any less cheap.

Here's my kind of hit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwiMtGsFHwA
                            I think the NFL has finally conditioned the fans that any hit that makes you say "Oooooo" is a dirty hit. Its funny how everyone complains about the wussification of the NFL and how they should just let the players play the game as it was intended, but then when one of their own gets crushed on a borderline hit, they complain that it was cheap. I am guilty of it as well but if the tables were turned and it was Trent Cole making the same exact hit on Cousins we would all be calling the redskins and their fans a bunch of whiners. We cant have it both ways.

Comment

I hear what you're saying, but I stand by my first point - I wouldn't really be that impressed if some fatass on the Eagles sucker-clocked Cousins or some other player that wasn't really in the mix.

Comment

Working...
                              X