Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL still considering eliminating kickoffs

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...eliminating-it

I understand the injury concerns but I would hate to see this. Exciting returns are really one of the most enjoyable things in football.

If the kickoff really has to go, can I suggest some sort of modified punt to replace it? Like the punter would the ball in his hands at the start of the play and the rule is it can't be blocked.

Modified punt coverage rules would apply.

Defenders would have to be set and not cross the line of scrimmage before the ball was kicked. That way they couldn't get a running start. The receiving team would have to have a certain number of players on the line of scrimmage at the kick as well. I don't know where you would set the line of scrimmage to make it fair. Typically a kicker can kick the ball farther on a kickoff than a punter can punt it.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

I'm ok with moving the Extra points back but this is a No

srry too much of a change to the game,,Goddell will have to leave if they remove this much of the original game,,,make better helmets and coach them up! but No fucing way do they remove Kickoffs,,,will ruin the game!
    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
    "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
      http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...eliminating-it

I understand the injury concerns but I would hate to see this. Exciting returns are really one of the most enjoyable things in football.

If the kickoff really has to go, can I suggest some sort of modified punt to replace it? Like the punter would the ball in his hands at the start of the play and the rule is it can't be blocked.

Modified punt coverage rules would apply.

Defenders would have to be set and not cross the line of scrimmage before the ball was kicked. That way they couldn't get a running start. The receiving team would have to have a certain number of players on the line of scrimmage at the kick as well. I don't know where you would set the line of scrimmage to make it fair. Typically a kicker can kick the ball farther on a kickoff than a punter can punt it.
      Ok so you eliminate kickoffs, 10 seconds left in the game the other team scores, you lost. no chance to run one back they place the ball and you have to throw a 75 yard hail mary.

Comment

Working...
      X