Sidney Jones Practicing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sidney Jones Practicing...

Sorry if I missed this earlier today....

I think it could be a good move and ease him into the postseason.

Thoughts...

If hes ready, get him in there.

Comment

Originally posted by AZIGGLE View Post
      Sorry if I missed this earlier today....

I think it could be a good move and ease him into the postseason.

Thoughts...
      Not sure I completely understand the rules but I thought you had to have him practicing with the team by a certain week in order to have the option to activate him for a game.

If that's the case, I am not complaining. He is a viable CB and it is good to keep all options open.
      --------
      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

I think Duck said last week that they get to play him now and keep him an extra season.
        -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
          I think Duck said last week that they get to play him now and keep him an extra season.
          That part I think I understand.

If he plays less than six weeks this year he is an RFA at the end of his rookie contract.
          --------
          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Oh I see. I misread. I’m not sure what that rule is, either. Rodgers is returning. Wasn’t this his first week back?
            -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
              That part I think I understand.

If he plays less than six weeks this year he is an RFA at the end of his rookie contract.
              That's right. So you let him practice for two weeks, and if he flashes, he starts seeing some action on Christmas day against the Raiders.

It's not game action, but he's got almost a full season of study under his belt and months of rigorous rehab. I'm not dismissing the possibility that he could make an immediate impact. I know the odds are against it, but fuck it... beating the odds is going to be a recurring theme the rest of the way. Sidney is an elite prospect, you have to take a shot. The upside is, you might upgrade this defense in a big way.

Comment

Prior to 2017, the rule stated that a player on the PUP list or NFI list (Sidney Jones) had to stay off the roster for the first six weeks of the season. After the 6th week, the team had another 6 week window in which to activate the player. Once activated, the team had 21 days to promote the player. If not promoted within that 21 days, the player could not come back. Prior to the 2017 season, teams could only bring back 1 player. Teams also had to declare which player they were bringing back once that player was placed on the PUP list.

In 2017, teams were allowed to bring back two players. They can wait to declare which two players they want to bring back. Also, the team’s 21 day window can go beyond the 12 week limit.

Finally, I get to taunt a friend at a bar now that Sidney Jones is practicing. If the Eagles do active Jones it will likely be week 16. Including the bye week, that will give Jones 5 weeks on the 2017 roster. The Eagles will then get to retain him one more year at the end of his contract.

Based on last week’s poor performance by Robinson ( he’s had a great year) I can see them activating Jones on week 16 as opposed to just being an insurance policy against CB injuries down the 3 weekbstretch.
                Last edited by Drama Queen; 12-14-2017, 10:20 PM.

Comment

They could certainly use him, Gang Green hasn’t looked the same since they started doing the electric slide and selling t shirts.

Comment

Working...
                  X