Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The sum of the parts is less than the whole.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The sum of the parts is less than the whole.

I've seen a few analysis of the Eagles draft where none of the picks were rated less than B but the draft was graded a C+.

The main criticism is they didnt draft immediate needs like an impact CB or a bruiser running back.

Gotta agree. This is a playoff contender. Im not buying Jeffrey's wait till next year kool aid. Meh draft.
    Last edited by Maniac; 04-30-2017, 06:41 PM.
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

That's not really how team building works. If you're drafting to make a splash, you're fucked anyway.
    "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
      That's not really how team building works. If you're drafting to make a splash, you're fucked anyway.
      Yeah, you should draft to go 8-8. Cornerbacks with torn Achilles are particularly useful.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
        I've seen a few analysis of the Eagles draft where none of the picks were rated less than B but the draft was graded a C+.

The main criticism is they didnt draft immediate needs like an impact CB or a bruiser running back.

Gotta agree. This is a playoff contender. Im not buying Jeffrey's wait till next year kool aid. Meh draft.
        I'm not terribly concerned about the RB position. Although everyone thinks they will definitely dump R. Mathews, maybe they decide to keep him?

The Bengals just spent a 2nd round pick on Mixon. They have Bernard and Jeremy Hill. Maybe they dump Hill? I think there are options out there...Blount? Charles?

I realize you're grumpy and will hate all of these options, but any are possible.

Comment

Bo Callahan...

makes a splash.

Comment

Yeah, you should draft to go 8-8. Cornerbacks with torn Achilles are particularly useful.
            I'm skeptical too but that's one pick. People panned Seattle's 2012 draft and looked like idiots after the fact.
            "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

I'm skeptical too but that's one pick. People panned Seattle's 2012 draft and looked like idiots after the fact.
              Why sign Jeffrey and the other one year contracts and then take a project at CB? Makes n9 sense. Either go for it or don't. They aren't that far off.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
                I'm not terribly concerned about the RB position. Although everyone thinks they will definitely dump R. Mathews, maybe they decide to keep him?

The Bengals just spent a 2nd round pick on Mixon. They have Bernard and Jeremy Hill. Maybe they dump Hill? I think there are options out there...Blount? Charles?

I realize you're grumpy and will hate all of these options, but any are possible.
                I realize you're drunk on Lurie's kool-aid but there were cornerbacks and running backs who could have made a difference this season.

Comment

I realize you're drunk on Lurie's kool-aid but there were cornerbacks and running backs who could have made a difference this season.
                  I would have preferred something different in each of the first 3 rounds, but I'm not an NFL GM.

Comment

what the fuck does a draft grade mean? If Kiper, McShay and MyCock were so good, they'd be overpaid to do the same thing for an NFL team.

Comment

I'm absolutely shocked that it didn't go the way that you hoped.

Comment

This too

is your HSH mantra, Part III.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                          what the fuck does a draft grade mean?
                          Not much but its strange when all the individual players get a higher grade than the overall draft.

Comment

Not much but its strange when all the individual players get a higher grade than the overall draft.
                            http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...rek-barnett-si

GRADE RECAP:

A = 1
                            A- = 1
                            B+ = 4
                            B- = 3
                            C+ = 1

So you're saying that all of the picks were A's? Oh the humanity.

Or is USA Today just your go-to publication for in-depth analysis?
                            Last edited by TerpEagle; 05-02-2017, 01:20 PM.
                            --
                            Your Retarded

Comment

No, I did not say all the picks were graded A's. Try to show more reading
                              comprehension skills than Donald Trump.

Example of my point...

BARNETT: B
                              JONES: A
                              DOUGLAS: C-
                              HOLLINS: A
                              PUMPHREY: B-
                              GIBSON: A
                              GERRY: B
                              QUALLS: B

2017 NFL DRAFT OVERALL GRADE: C+

Overall, the Eagles entered this draft needing help at cornerback for
                              next season and a stud running back.
                              It doesn't appear they got either of those things, hurting their
                              overall grade.
                              http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2..._howie_ro.html

Comment

Working...
                              X