From Kempski: Kelce could be waived or traded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Kempski: Kelce could be waived or traded

I'd be behind this. Kelce was a solid eagle but he yucks up too much. Especially at this salary.

http://www.phillyvoice.com/source-ea...r-jason-kelce/

I hope they can get something for him.

So it'll be Peters - Barbre - Seumalo - Brooks - Johnson.

Then you have no interior depth unless they keep Wisniewski.
    Last edited by Melchior; 01-17-2017, 11:04 AM.
    "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

They'll draft 1-2 OL again I'm sure. They have no choice thanks to that butterball MoFo Chump Kelly
      Maybe sign a versatile UFA.

Nobody will trade for Kelce. Not at his age and salary.
      Last edited by Ellsworth; 01-17-2017, 11:44 AM.

Comment

He's only 29.
        "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Lots of teams with better cap space

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
          He's only 29.
          I have mixed thoughts about trading him, but it makes sense. He's got trade value. There are many teams that should be interested in a trade.

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
            He's only 29.
            I think he's the 8th highest paid center in the league. Not the end of the world for a guy under 30 with Pro Bowls on his resume. I see idiots saying trade him for a 2nd... that ain't gonna happen. But Howie can get something for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
              They'll draft 1-2 OL again I'm sure. They have no choice thanks to that butterball MoFo Chump Kelly
              Maybe sign a versatile UFA.

Nobody will trade for Kelce. Not at his age and salary.
              The front office and Gomer will look hard at Zeitler from the bengals who the Bengals probably cannot afford. He is a stud.

Comment

I'd be behind this. Kelce was a solid eagle but he yucks up too much. Especially at this salary.

So who replaces him ? most important position on the line, you better get a center with experience.

Comment

Kelce drives me nuts at times, But something tells me This would be a mistake.

Comment

He can't play at a high level anymore. For a team up against the cap both he and Barwin are as good as gone.

Comment

He can't play at a high level anymore. For a team up against the cap both he and Barwin are as good as gone.
                      $3 mil isn't a lot

Comment

He's due $6.2m. He'd cost 3.8m if they cut him. I'm see he'd take a pay cut to stay but is just move on personally. He's a marginal starter now.

Seymalo likely will be a better Center from 2017 and beyond and he's in a rookie deal.

Kelce has really hurt this team at times the past 2 years. I'm ready to move on to the youngster. Ive seen enough shotgun snaps sail into the qb's shoulder pad (or worse)
                        Last edited by Ellsworth; 01-17-2017, 04:00 PM.

Comment

He's hurt them at times, but i can recall several fantastic blocks that lead to big plays. I just hope Ike can do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
                            He's hurt them at times, but i can recall several fantastic blocks that lead to big plays. I just hope Ike can do the same.
                            he made some huge mistakes early in the season but seemed to play very well the last half. Also worth noting he was the only player on the roster to play 100% of his snaps this season.

Comment

I agree that he's probably gone. They seem to love Seumalo and they like Barbre at OG. I just think a OL needy team would trade for his contract. He's a decent Center and you can scheme around his weaknesses.

Now, it's probably a 6th round pick, but hey. It's something.
                              Last edited by Melchior; 01-17-2017, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X