Foles is not a Franchise QB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foles is not a Franchise QB

He's an average starting QB in the same way that Maclin is an average starting WR. Cooper doesn't belong in the starting lineup.

Foles is decent but he's nothing special. Tough guy and all. Likable too. But he's too inconsistent to be counted on week after week. He's in the middle tier of starting NFL QB's, like Andy Dalton, Tony Romo, and Eli. He's not even Flacco-ish or Matt Ryan-ish.

Wouldn't bother me if the team doesn't offer him a ton of money and they prioritize drafting a more athletic, running QB next year. This offense would be harder to shut down like today if the QB could take off and make them pay.

I like Foles too but am starting to wonder if he doesn't take them far this year and keeps playing inconsistent like this if Chip doesn't start looking for a more mobile double threat QB in the next year or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
      I like Foles too but am starting to wonder if he doesn't take them far this year and keeps playing inconsistent like this if Chip doesn't start looking for a more mobile double threat QB in the next year or two.
      Because those work out so well.
      "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Mike Vick

is still available

Comment

Slackjaw is an enigma but those two rings put him above middle tier.

It's a shame Foles can't run but neither can Roethlisberger or Flacco. And I don't see an obvious upgrade available.
          Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
            Because those work out so well.
            There's a zero percent chance they can get him, but Marcus Mariota would be lights out for them.

He's a dual threat in the way Russ Wilson. He's smart about using his legs and taking hits.

He's a taller Russell Wilson basically. Again, he's going first overall, so he won't be an Eagle, but he would be ideal.

Comment

So says the guy who said the Eagles wouldn't win the division for years..

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
              He's an average starting QB in the same way that Maclin is an average starting WR. Cooper doesn't becausebelong in the starting lineup.

Foles is decent but he's nothing special. Tough guy and all. Likable too. But he's too inconsistent to be counted on week after week. He's in the middle tier of starting NFL QB's, like Andy Dalton, Tony Romo, and Eli. He's not even Flacco-ish or Matt Ryan-ish.

Wouldn't bother me if the team doesn't offer him a ton of money and they prioritize drafting a more athletic, running QB next year. This offense would be harder to shut down like today if the QB could take off and make them pay.
              Because the foreskins had just drafted Bib Fucking Griffin!

Yep, you sure are primo judge of talent,
              "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

Way too early to categorically conclude that Foles is just going to be average. He may be, but one game against a very good defense doesn't make that a fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Overbrook View Post
                  Because the foreskins had just drafted Bib Fucking Griffin!

Yep, you sure are primo judge of talent,
                  The Eagles vs Griffin chapters are just beginning. He had an impressive rookie year by anyone's standards. Can't account for health. If he can't stay healthy, all bets are off. But the guy has undeniable talent and worries me.

Comment

The Eagles vs Griffin chapters are just beginning. He had an impressive rookie year by anyone's standards. Can't account for health. If he can't stay healthy, all bets are off. But the guy has undeniable talent and worries me.
                    Everything worries you.
                    "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by JDuggernaut View Post
                      Way too early to categorically conclude that Foles is just going to be average. He may be, but one game against a very good defense doesn't make that a fact.
                      He's had two poor showings this year and bailed out by Sproles in another. Washington game he was very good. There haven't been that many games. He's struggling. Hope he breaks out of it.

Comment

He got married. Needs to get divorced and get his head straight....kidding...but...
                        “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Shut up

Foles had a bad game ... but he took them down the field in crunch, until McCoy couldn't get it to the endzone and the coach decided to channel Andy Reid on the one and a half.

And Ed Fuckulee decided not to give him another shot.

But you know he's definitely not a franchise guy.
                          Last edited by slag; 09-28-2014, 10:57 PM.
                          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

He's had two poor showings this year and bailed out by Sproles in another. Washington game he was very good. There haven't been that many games. He's struggling. Hope he breaks out of it.
                            If you were a Colts fan in 98, you'd have been ready to trade Peyton Manning and a 3rd rounder to the Chargers for Ryan Leaf. Aaron Rodgers has had 2 awful games this year. Should the Packers be looking to bring in Brett Hundley?

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                              Slackjaw is an enigma but those two rings put him above middle tier.

It's a shame Foles can't run but neither can Roethlisberger or Flacco. And I don't see an obvious upgrade available.
                              Bingo! Brady isn't that as mobile than Foles I think.

Comment

Working...
                              X