Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyway else feel a little insulted by the domestic violence

commercials yesterday?

I felt like a PR victim getting talked down to with a tough message from NFL. My first reaction was: It's your freakin' issue, not mine!

I get the over all good stuff, but NFL should get it right first before talking to me like an authoritarian on the matter.

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
    commercials yesterday?

I felt like a PR victim getting talked down to with a tough message from NFL. My first reaction was: It's your freakin' issue, not mine!

I get the over all good stuff, but NFL should get it right first before talking to me like an authoritarian on the matter.
    True this.

What's worse is nobody in the media is talking about the ridiculous rise in domestic violence across the US and actually the world. A likely effect of the sluggish economy.

http://communities.washingtontimes.c...-its-pandemic/

I didn't check the guy's numbers but this from 2013 is chilling:

Staggering statistics from the United States Office on Violence against Women (OVW) claim a woman is assaulted or beaten every nine seconds. Domestic violence is the leading cause of injury to women in the United States. Three women perish at the hands of abusers daily.
    But yeah, let's make this an NFL problem.
    Last edited by The Ref; 09-29-2014, 10:49 PM.

Comment

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2...estic-violence

I don't feel sorry for victims of reciprocal violence. They got into a fight and lost. For roo long women have been given a free pass for assault.

http://psychnews.psychiatryonline.or...ticleid=111137

I'm just tired of this crap. You either want equality or you don't. Rights without responsibilities create a moral hazard.
      Last edited by Brandonn; 09-30-2014, 01:08 PM.

Comment

What an ass
        John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
          What an ass
          You base this amazing assessment on what? I apologize for thinking women were adults and active participants in life that might be responsible for their actions. Am I wrong?
          Last edited by Brandonn; 09-30-2014, 01:15 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

What a fucking tool

Originally posted by Brandonn View Post

I don't feel sorry for victims of reciprocal violence. They got into a fight and lost. For roo long women have been given a free pass for assault.

I'm just tired of this crap. You either want equality or you don't. Rights without responsibilities create a moral hazard.
            You can't be serious with this dumb shit.
            The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
              You can't be serious with this dumb shit.
              I'm pretty serious about equality and sensational media reports.

Comment

A woman getting her face smashed in

By a man who's bigger and stronger than she is, has nothing to do with equality.
                The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

By a man who's bigger and stronger than she is, has nothing to do with equality.
                  Assault is assault. You would not give a damn if a 130 pound man hit a 200 pound man and the smaller guy got his ass kicked. No one should hit anyone, using gender as a excuse to get away with assault is ridiculous, yet here you are.

Comment

Unless your life is in danger

Assault is assault. You would not give a damn if a 130 pound man hit a 200 pound man and the smaller guy got his ass kicked. No one should hit anyone, using gender as a excuse to get away with assault is ridiculous, yet here you are.
                    You as a man shouldn't be putting your hands on a woman, IMO. You seem all too willing to hit back the moment you are hit. I feel sorry for your girl, if you have one.
                    Last edited by Eagle In Ohio; 09-30-2014, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Good job defending domestic abusers with false equivalence.
                      "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

You as a man shouldn't be putting your hands on a woman, IMO. You seem all too willing to hit back the moment you are hit. I feel sorry for your girl, if you have one.
                        As an adult you shouldn't be putting your hands on another adult. Is that really such a concept?

Also how is calling out all abusers and not going along with a false media narative defending domestic violence?

Comment

Why am I not surprised you took this stance? Sure, women shouldn't hit a man (if for no other reason than their own safety), but that doesn't mean a man should knock her out. What if a smartass 14 year old took a swing on you? Should you break his nose to teach him a lesson? What if a 75 year old man swings on you? Would you give him an uppercut to show him who's in charge? What about a cancer patient? There are certain types of people in this world that physically hurting them, regardless of provocation, does nothing make you look like a pussy.

Comment

Damn, good point man.

Originally posted by JDuggernaut View Post
                            Why am I not surprised you took this stance? Sure, women shouldn't hit a man (if for no other reason than their own safety), but that doesn't mean a man should knock her out. What if a smartass 14 year old took a swing on you? Should you break his nose to teach him a lesson? What if a 75 year old man swings on you? Would you give him an uppercut to show him who's in charge? What about a cancer patient? There are certain types of people in this world that physically hurting them, regardless of provocation, does nothing make you look like a pussy.
                            Well said.

Comment

As an adult you shouldn't be putting your hands on another adult. Is that really such a concept?

Also how is calling out all abusers and not going along with a false media narative defending domestic violence?
                              Calling out all abusers is one thing...your stance about equality in domestic abuse is just extremely short-sighted, ignorant and inane, you fucking numbskull. You are seriously the biggest schmuck that posts on this board.
                              Cows in the barnyard, chickens in the farmer's corvette.

Comment

Working...
                              X