Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mejax wasn't getting double covered

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-ph...coverage-claim

What's your opinion on the top 3 WRs numbers this year?

Maclin, Cooper and Matthews. What do you got them at?

Comment

They can all burn man coverage I know that

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
      What's your opinion on the top 3 WRs numbers this year?

Maclin, Cooper and Matthews. What do you got them at?
      From accounts I have read from camp Matthews has impressed, Maclin proved before injury he could win 1 on 1s, and you saw Coop do it last year when given the time with the 1st team. Its just what Chip said in that interview teams are scared of the run, not mejax. Also look for TE's and Sproles to be factors in the pass game. I see these receivers winning 1on1 matchups still and getting deep even without #1.

Comment

I think it breaks down like this:

Maclin
        75 catches, 1100 yards, 8 TDs

Cooper
        50 cacthes, 700 yards, 5 TDs

Matthews
        40 catches, 500 yards, 4 TDs

Ertz
        60 catches, 800 yards, 8 TDs

Shady
        1400 rushing yards, 10 rushing TDs
        300 receiving yards, 2 receiving TDs

Sproles
        200 rushing yards, 1 rushing TD
        500 receiving yards, 4 receiving TDs

Throw in some TDs to Huff, Celek and Casey.
        Foles is looking at like 35+ TDs and 4000+ yards.
        Polk might have like one or two TD runs as well.

They're going to score, that's for sure.

Comment

I think it breaks down like this:

Maclin
          75 catches, 1100 yards, 8 TDs

Cooper
          50 cacthes, 700 yards, 5 TDs

Matthews
          40 catches, 500 yards, 4 TDs

Ertz
          60 catches, 800 yards, 8 TDs

Shady
          1400 rushing yards, 10 rushing TDs
          300 receiving yards, 2 receiving TDs

Sproles
          200 rushing yards, 1 rushing TD
          500 receiving yards, 4 receiving TDs

Throw in some TDs to Huff, Celek and Casey.
          Foles is looking at like 35+ TDs and 4000+ yards.
          Polk might have like one or two TD runs as well.

They're going to score, that's for sure.
          if it shakes out like that i would be happy as balls.

would all just fall on the defense at that point.
          “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
            if it shakes out like that i would be happy as balls.

would all just fall on the defense at that point.
            Shady will get his. The receiver and TE numbers are based on Foles being the guy we saw last year and not being Bobby Hoying 2.0

I was down on Foles to start, but have since come around to being cautiously optimistic. I don't think he's the next GREAT QB in the NFL, but I think he can be like a Matt Ryan. You can win with Matt Ryan and talent around him.

Comment

Foles is a tough kid

Shady will get his. The receiver and TE numbers are based on Foles being the guy we saw last year and not being Bobby Hoying 2.0

I was down on Foles to start, but have since come around to being cautiously optimistic. I don't think he's the next GREAT QB in the NFL, but I think he can be like a Matt Ryan. You can win with Matt Ryan and talent around him.
              I think he proves last year wasn't a fluke, teams are so worried about the run it makes his job that much easier, he is accurate and makes good, quick decisions from the pocket.

Comment

this is bullshit, we all know from reading this board that the Eagles won't be able to complete a pass this year without the quadruple coverage Djax commands

Comment

Originally posted by weizer View Post
                  I think he proves last year wasn't a fluke, teams are so worried about the run it makes his job that much easier, he is accurate and makes good, quick decisions from the pocket.
                  Evidently the Saints a Dome team on the road in cold weather wasn't worrying about the run at the Linc. Keep focusing on this O though, and this D will still be the team achilles heel.

Comment

Originally posted by weizer View Post
                    I think he proves last year wasn't a fluke, teams are so worried about the run it makes his job that much easier, he is accurate and makes good, quick deci
                    sions from the pocket.

First real year he did great. This year he needs to make even quicker decisions and eliminate some of the sacks he took last season. Thats how he steps it up a notch. He should be more comfortable with this offense and I believe he has a overall better group to throw to minus the little crybaby.

Comment

Originally posted by J Con View Post
                      this is bullshit, we all know from reading this board that the Eagles won't be able to complete a pass this year without the quadruple coverage Djax commands
                      From Chip:

“The fact that [Cooper is] a 230-pound receiver, it’s tough to be really, truly physical and just keep him pinned on the line of scrimmage,” Kelly said. “This league is continuing to go that way. When you think two of the best corners – Patrick Peterson, a guy who just signed an outstanding contract, who I think is one of the tops in the league, [and] Richard Sherman, probably the two highest-paid guys, probably the two best guys –- are both big, physical corners, and they’re going to try to beat you up on the line of scrimmage.

“If you can’t get off the line of scrimmage, you’re done. I think that’s what we’re moving towards. I think the corners are getting bigger in this league and the wideouts are getting bigger. That’s one of Riley’s strengths, his ability to get off that stuff. No one is going to get off clean and just be running down the field with no one around him for four or five yards. When the ball is up, now you have to be able to go get it. Having a 6-4 guy that’s 230 pounds, it helps.”
                      "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Hahahah mejax... Well said.. And ertz with 60 catches and 800 yards? Geesh I hope so.. Kelly seems to think Matthews is in for a big year... Sproles will be a fuggin animal on third down

Comment

Yeah ... mejax ... how does he come up with that?

So creative.

I'm dyin' over here.
                          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Working...
                          X