IGGLEPHANS  

Go Back   IGGLEPHANS > Igglephans Main Board

Unread 04-09-2018, 09:46 PM   #21
Drama Queen

Drama Queen is an unknown quantity at this point

Excellent!!

A little trivia- white helmets were from 1969-1973.
Drama Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2018, 06:58 AM  
Posted in reply to IronEagle's post starting "Why not have both! As Keith Richards..."
CbEagle

I would think that would cut into his list of showtunes he likes to play!

I No Longer Care How!
CbEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2018, 08:50 PM   #23
Mt Iggle

Location: A small windowless Cabin in the woods, Montana, USA.

I was just out of College teaching 7th grade science on the Blackfoot Res. in Montana.
I was a big Eagles Fan then, as now. Back then I wondered when would we win a SB, had worries 40 years later, and after all these years - Super Bowl Champs! The Greatest!
Mt Iggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2018, 03:03 PM  
Posted in reply to The Duck's post starting "This and Cheap Trick’s “I Want You to..."
IronEagle
El-Correctomundo

IronEagle is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duck View Post
This and Cheap Trick’s “I Want You to Want Me” are the only songs I can think of where the live version is the only version anyone knows. I’ve never heard either studio versions on terrestrial commercial radio a single time in my entire life. Always found that interesting.
Original studio version was at a slower tempo, and had no talk box segment. Also no Leslie speaker effect on the riff intro.

I suspect he discovered the talk box and found that it worked well in live performance. In any case I prefer the live version in this case, which is rare for me.

But it does happen. I give "No Quarter" from Song Remains the Same over the studio.

Unread 04-13-2018, 03:42 PM  
Posted in reply to IronEagle's post starting "Original studio version was at a slower..."
The Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronEagle View Post
Original studio version was at a slower tempo, and had no talk box segment. Also no Leslie speaker effect on the riff intro.

I suspect he discovered the talk box and found that it worked well in live performance. In any case I prefer the live version in this case, which is rare for me.

But it does happen. I give "No Quarter" from Song Remains the Same over the studio.

I have a bunch of live versions I prefer over the studio. Pretty much every song on both the entire "Seconds Out" album from Genesis, and "Fillmore East" from the Allmans are superior to the studio tracks. U2's "Wide Awake in America" version of "Bad" is another one.
The Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2018, 05:17 PM  
Posted in reply to The Duck's post starting "I have a bunch of live versions I..."
Loki

Loki is an unknown quantity at this point

Climax Blues Band live album is tremendous
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2018, 06:28 PM   #27
DEERSPINE GUY
LEGEND

AAHH, THE OFF SEASON MUSIC THREAD. STILL LIKE IT.
THAT YES SHOW AT JFK WAS THE POPPITH OF MY CHERRYITH FOR YES. HAVE SEEN YES AND VARIATIONS OF YES, ALMOST 90 TIMES SINCE. OBVIOUSLY I WAS IMPRESSED. MR. ANDERSON ALONE AT T.L.A. SO AMAZING. THANK YOU, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

EDIT TO ADD. MR. SQUIRE, RIP, SAID THAT SHOW STANDS OUT TO HIM ABOVE ALL OTHERS. THERE WE'RE A FEW IN THE ROUND SHOWS AT SPECTRUM THAT STAND OUT TO THESE NOVICE EARS AS WELL.

NEXT UP, THE OFF SEASON BEER THREAD. ONE OF OBBIE'S FAVORITES.

Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 04-13-2018 at 06:49 PM.
DEERSPINE GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2018, 05:39 PM  
Posted in reply to The Duck's post starting "I have a bunch of live versions I..."
IronEagle
El-Correctomundo

IronEagle is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duck View Post
I have a bunch of live versions I prefer over the studio. Pretty much every song on both the entire "Seconds Out" album from Genesis, and "Fillmore East" from the Allmans are superior to the studio tracks. U2's "Wide Awake in America" version of "Bad" is another one.
The more I think about this and have been listening to music over the weekend, the more I think you have a good point.

Midnight Rambler. Street Fighting Man. Get yer Ya-Ya's out. That whole recording is great. One of my favorites of all time.

Maybe I'm Amazed live from Wings is also better than the studio McCartney version as well.